Is this a good buy?

Gareth1982

I know what you mean, there is a lot of choice out there. After a while too much information does not help your decision but just makes it harder! Of the bikes discussed in the thread in 5k range which is probably your budget, (that was mine aswell) I don't think you can go too wrong.

Also there must be a bike there that you saw and really liked the look of? Some bikes just speak to you when you see / ride them.

ITs true, the bike really does catch you attention and you think thats the one.

but the problem was that is how I felt when I saw the ATX375

but it has changed now tot he merida 100d but lets wait and see....lol

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ITs true, the bike really does catch you attention and you think thats the one.

but the problem was that is how I felt when I saw the ATX375

but it has changed now tot he merida 100d but lets wait and see....lol

I have the Merida 2010 model. I have had absolutely no problems with it... (I a relative newbie tho)

I will say this when I did 2010 Lion man, my bike survived, but my friend riding the top of the range Merida softtail (25k) had his front brake fail! Then again he is pretty unlucky on his mtb.

I have the Merida 2010 model. I have had absolutely no problems with it... (I a relative newbie tho)

I will say this when I did 2010 Lion man, my bike survived, but my friend riding the top of the range Merida softtail (25k) had his front brake fail! Then again he is pretty unlucky on his mtb.

That is what I am worried about, that if I take a cheap bike and I do 1 race and it brakes I am going to be a bit cheesed off but I am also scared I don't like the sport then you sit with a expensive bike that just sits in the garage.... I read the post thatsaid I sould borrow a bike from someone but I know no one with a bike to lend from.

Congrats Teppla I hope yo are very happy with your bike.

I have decided no to buy s bike yet I am going to hold out a few more months then I can get a better bike and spend about R6000 to R8000 on a decent bike.

Congrats Teppla I hope yo are very happy with your bike.

I have decided no to buy s bike yet I am going to hold out a few more months then I can get a better bike and spend about R6000 to R8000 on a decent bike.

Good call this - and good luck! :thumbup:

I am going to have give up a few thing so that I will have money to save....lol the goes my fish tanks...

Just want to make sure with all you guys, I heard that this sport "slows" down in the winter and picks up in the Summer, is this True?

Edited by Gareth1982