Bicycling Grand Slam

Teppla

In the January Edition of Bicycling, they challenged readers to complete a grand slam of cycling events that included the following:

1 x Long Distance ride: Double Century, Sabie Experience, Powerade Kremetart etc

1 x Stage race: Lowveld Cycle Tour, Cape Epic, Sani2c etc

1 x Clasic Race: Argus, Herald, 94.7, Amashova etc

1 x alternative race: Triathlon, Downhill Race, BMX or a time trail

Has anyone considered it or currently planning to partake in any of these events? Dont know if there are any prizes etc, just respect and the bragging rights....

Thoughts on this concept? Im currently halfway through, done The Herald and IM 70.3, keen on the DC and possible LOTCR in Hogsback later the year.

In the January Edition of Bicycling, they challenged readers to complete a grand slam of cycling events that included the following:

1 x Long Distance ride: Double Century, Sabie Experience, Powerade Kremetart etc

1 x Stage race: Lowveld Cycle Tour, Cape Epic, Sani2c etc

1 x Clasic Race: Argus, Herald, 94.7, Amashova etc

1 x alternative race: Triathlon, Downhill Race, BMX or a time trail

Has anyone considered it or currently planning to partake in any of these events? Dont know if there are any prizes etc, just respect and the bragging rights....

Thoughts on this concept? Im currently halfway through, done The Herald and IM 70.3, keen on the DC and possible LOTCR in Hogsback later the year.

Yeah Dude.

Keen to know if Bicycling Mag are keen to sponsor me.

They also have Amazing tips on keeping your Abs Titanium hard, Racing like a Demon, Catching Big Air, and What to Eat to Win Races.

But if that is you goal - choose the Downhill race option. :thumbup:

Haha yeah let them sponsor us the epic (only 30k) and the sani2c

surely not too much to ask

haha

I did double century and 94.7 in November last year, did the argus, doing the Epic next week. Need a triathlon or bmx race.. Anyone got a bmx for me?