Ironman SA - 10 April

Thug

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, there again. though, its an odd yer number 11, meaning my chances of finishing is slim. didn't finish, 2005, 7, missed 9. Hopefully I make it.

Me too.

We are 7 guys and girls doing 180km tomorrow from Kempton if someone wants to join. PM me if keen. The pace in our group will vary between 30 ave - 24 ave.

If you tell people that you do ironman they think that you are mad. Turns out Ive got a lot of mad friends too. Going to be awesome to do an amazing event with almost 10 friends around me.

I'm there like a bear....

...not

(did that get a bit lost in the translation?)

My big training weekends have now finished and I've been tapering this past week.

Tomorrow is a 110k ride and on Sunday a 22k run. I'll throw in a 3k swim sometime over the weekend as well.

Marius, you organising another Hub lunch/supper ;)

If you tell people that you do ironman they think that you are mad. Turns out Ive got a lot of mad friends too. Going to be awesome to do an amazing event with almost 10 friends around me.

Q: How do you know if someone is doing or has done an ironman?

A: They will tell you.

Usually happens within about 10 minutes of meeting a person.

NOT me. Happy doing Olympic and 70.3 distances anything else is "madness" and I have not reached that level yet :lol::lol:

I use a different approach. I do not tell any one I did an ironman. Usually when my training start I tell every body I'm going to do Ironman. The only reason is that when I have to wake up early to do a long ride and sleeping in sound like a better idea, I think of to how many people I will have to explain why I did not finish because every body will ask "how did it go". So I rather take my lazy ass and go ride to avoid any embarrassment after wards..

Marius, you organising another Hub lunch/supper ;)

In all likelihood I won't be organizing one - spending the weekend with family in PE, think it's only the right thing to do as they'll be standing next to the road for 10hours or (hopefully) a bit more cheering us on on the Sunday...

But maybe we should all share a table at the pasta party and race briefing on the Friday eve in Coega? Let me know your thoughts...

It just took you less than an hour to tell us that you dont do Ironman.