Bottelary Hills MTB Trails

Hellwarp

Hi everyone, its been a long haul but here we are. The Bottelary Hills MTB Trails will be opening this coming Saturday 9th April.

Please note that permits (Annual and Day) will only be available for sale from this Thursday 7th April at the various selling points.

For more detail visit our website http://bottelaryconservancy.co.za/

Please post any questions you may have on this thread.

Thanks

Edited by Hellwarp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whoot! decent website too! :clap:

edit: spoke to soon. website looks good and navigates well, but there are a couple of errors

Edited by the_wes

whoot! decent website too! :clap:

edit: spoke to soon. website looks good and navigates well, but there are a couple of errors

okay most of gremlins should be sorted, thanks for the heads up. :thumbup:

Edited by Hellwarp

At this stage there is about 1.5 km of single track.

We will be looking at more single track options in the near future. We first want to get the routes running properly and see where our problem areas are. After we've had rain we will look at possibilities for future singletrack. Parts of the routes may change so we don't want to spend money now that may be a waste later.

Edited by Hellwarp

ok, i will then definately keep an eye out for when you guys are able to add more, The only reason I mtb is for th single track. Dont get me wrong, I just love the technicallity of it, even though I dont come down super fast like some I tend to carry good pace

Hi everyone, its been a long haul but here we are. The Bottelary Hills MTB Trails will be opening this coming Saturday 9th April.

Please note that permits (Annual and Day) will only be available for sale from this Thursday 7th April at the various selling points.

For more detail visit our website http://bottelaryhillsmtb.co.za/

Please post any questions you may have on this thread.

Thanks

well done, looks exciting!

i hope the farmers have instructions to shoot all people riding without permits

Thanks for that! Brilliant that there's another option out there. Well done to all involved!

Oh boy!

I live a full 1.1 km away from one of the starting points! This is just great. While I have always had permission to ride on some of the farms included in the trails, this is a great initiative, and I am running off now to get my annual permits (for self, wife and son). I have always been a little worried when riding in this area that I might be straying onto land that I am not supposed to be on. Having marked trails will be great! In addition it will now be possible to string together some decent (for me at least) distances (off-road) on the MTB (with some more than enough climbs thrown in) and I can do this starting from home..... :clap:

Homer !! Homer wait !! The permits are only available for sale as of tomorrow. I'm delivering to all the selling points today.

Homer !! Homer wait !! The permits are only available for sale as of tomorrow. I'm delivering to all the selling points today.

Figuratively speaking I was rushing off, just figuratively speaking......reality is that I am probably only going to be able to do this on Friday (working for a living sometimes really sucks). :rolleyes:

Seriously though, Hellwarp, I cannot begin to explain what this initiative will mean to me personally; I have long thought that having trails in this area would be just perfect; now it's a reality. Great stuff, guys!

Are you going to have a guided ride on Saturday so that newcomers can get to know the routes?

Will wait till their is way more ST. Permits seems a bit pricey R300 for 9months and almost no singletrack. Already have Tygerberg Green membership. Can't see how this trail wil compare with Jonkers/ Contermans / Meerendal / Hillcrest or even Majick.

If we can do nightrides on say Tuesdays, I would probably join.

Tues = Bottelary

Wed = CWC

Thurs = Meerendal

Would be awesome for the Winter.