2 OCEANS, LAST RUNNER. FRI 6H59. SAT 7H30

Guest Frail4Life

Guest Frail4Life

PLEASE GUYS BE SUPPORTERS FOR THE TWO OCEANS RUN, ALSO RESPECT THE RUNNERS. SATURDAY 23rd.

Try avoid the Route if you are going to be cycling.

David

I WILL BE THE SLOWEST RUNNER, WHAT IS THE RECORD? CUTT OFF IS 7 HOURS.

(FRIDAY 22ND, 6H59)

(SATURDAY 23RD, 7H30)

VERY DEAD!

Edited by F_R_A_I_L

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frail4Life

THE FRIDAY RUN IS A SMALL "GROUP" OF RUNNERS WHO RUN ON THE FRIDAY FOR DIFFERENT REASONS. MAINLY, "RELIGIOUS".

Very few people even know about the "FRIDAY RUN".

The small "GROUP" of runners get little support and NO "WATER, FEEDING STATIONS".

THE FRIDAY RUN IS A SMALL "GROUP" OF RUNNERS WHO RUN ON THE FRIDAY FOR DIFFERENT REASONS. MAINLY, "RELIGIOUS".

Very few people even know about the "FRIDAY RUN".

The small "GROUP" of runners get little support and NO "WATER, FEEDING STATIONS".

also some of the people helping with marsalling and waterpoints on the day

I'm doing the half! Training so far includes 3 x 5km runs in the last four weeks :unsure:

Sounds like me, Doing my first half, Ive only done short stuff..10k 15km trailruns etc.

aiming for 2hrs but I think its going to be hard with 15minutes of walking in the beginning.

Sounds like me, Doing my first half, Ive only done short stuff..10k 15km trailruns etc.

Better than me! What group do you start? I'm in E. I'm not really a runner, but just maybe I can try for 2 hours. Is it true that there are runners in every group with boards that show 2h and then you just stick with them to make 2h?

How do you score the booby prize entry of having to run with a signpost?

I did the trail run last year - got mauled by a bush coming down devils peak and ended up in casualty. Way too dangerous for me, I'm sticking to the bike.

Better than me! What group do you start? I'm in E. I'm not really a runner, but just maybe I can try for 2 hours. Is it true that there are runners in every group with boards that show 2h and then you just stick with them to make 2h?

There is a guy with a 2 hour board yes. I'm returning for my 6th half, but my training runs = 3(fail)

NERVOUS. Cardio fitness is Ok, but my bones are useless. 2 hrs is still eluding me. Maybe I find the guy this year!!!!

GET there EARLY. I started RIGHT at the back in 2009. Took me 4min to cross the starting line and I was still passing okes at the end.

The 2nd half is worse then the first - If you live in CT just run up and down Rhodes mem a few times, although this might be too late in terms of training.

Good luck okes. I've got a wedding at 09:30 in Stellies that morning. AAAAAAAAA!

Edited by iRob

Running the Ultra - B batch.

I had better run quick as I'm on the 14h00 flight to Durban (Due to SAA not flying to CT, from Durban, anymore)

Edited by ricochet_rabbit

I am doing the full, I have only ever done one 42km to qualify.

Getting slightly nervous :unsure:

Does anyone have any tips?

1) Don't get carried away at the beginning as the course to 28km (little chappies) is quite quick.

2) don't race down the back of chappies either as the climb to the top of the nek essentially starts as you leave hout bay.

3) ENJOY YOURSELF

ran in the B seeded group last year for the half - ran a good time on cycling fitness but could hardly walk the next 2 days. Will be watchingon the telly this year so good luck to all of you and enjoy :thumbup:

I am doing the full, I have only ever done one 42km to qualify.

Getting slightly nervous :unsure:

Does anyone have any tips?

my experience from 10 years ago(that included a fair bit of walking near the end :blush: )

- take it easy the first 20kms that is fast and flat, rather get to that point feeling good than having time in the bag.

- camber of the road and steep downhills are very tough in areas, take it easy

WHO WILL BE RUNNING, FULL OR HALF?

im doing half....

they give you:

41mins for the 1st 5km

40mins for the 2nd 5km

46mins for the 3rd 5km

52mins for the last 6.1km

you should avg about +-8mins per km to do it in 3 hours

biggrin.gif

Edited by helloise