Online Bike Shops - discussions and recommendations

riaanb

Online Bike store rating  

301 members have voted

1. 1. The best all-round online store - pricing, service, range, shipping etc is?

• Chain Reaction Cycles
    • Evans Cycles
    • UK Bike Store
    • Wiggle
    • Pro Bike Kit
    • Parker International
    • Total Cycling
    • Other - Please specify
    • Buycycle.co.za
    • CWC Online

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cape Multi seem pretty legit based on the research I've done.

Just bought a crankset from them. Very quick and efficient.

Edited by Edman

• 2 weeks later...

Caerus, you started the list, please take responsibility to update a list of websites on the first posting. Add their name as well as if they are Local or International. If you do not want to take the responsibility PM me please.

Please keep the list updated. Other Hubbers can then give their opinions of their experiences. Please keep this as a thread that prospective internet buyers can use to purchase items cheaper on the Internet. Please do not advertise here. Please do not hijack in endless mindless threads if ABC Cycles are better that ACB Cycles. Do that somewhere else.

Moderators and Admin please weed out non related posts.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/102271-online-bike-shop-list/

This is what I tried for all websites, not just local ones. Perhaps this can be used to supplement Caerus' list

Edited by riaanb

• 1 month later...

Rush Sports, see link....

Rush Sports

Mainly Moorewood stuf but loads of other things, brilliant service!

Added quote a bit of new stuff to the shop with many more new items to go up in the coming weeks. Would be super interested to get feedback on the site, product rance, pricing etc?

• 4 weeks later...

This thread will be used for the Online Shops discussion. All other discussions elsewhere will be migrated and merged to this topic.

• 2 months later...

Buycycle just delivered 4 orders for me this month, from those 4 orders I needed to exchange 3 items. They did it quickly and with no fuss. They also have a great selection.

Someone asked about Jensen. I needed a new XTR chainring - local Shimano suppliers couldn't provide one and had no ETA for one - so off I went trawling the interwebs and one of the few suppliers to have stock was Jensen. I was a little sceptical about using them - but website, ordering and delivery was efficient and painless. so thumbs up to Jensen.

I find that Wiggle's pricing is quite good, especially if you have gold or platinum status.

• 1 month later...

I have some items I need to purchase so I have been looking around for pricing etc.

I mailed CWC about the item as they didnt have it listed. They responded saying that they were expecting the item this week, I then exchanged mail about pricing and *poof* suddenly no response.

I guess I will be buying elsewhere = CWC Fail!

How???......eish.... have u guys not used www.probikeshop.com?

French based, best prices... awesome dispatch... only delivers UPS...3-4 days max and u have your goodies.... they rock!

I have some items I need to purchase so I have been looking around for pricing etc.

I mailed CWC about the item as they didnt have it listed. They responded saying that they were expecting the item this week, I then exchanged mail about pricing and *poof* suddenly no response.

I've also not been overwhelmed by their ability to respond to emails.

I'm so excited I might just piss my self if I don't tell somebody... Just received my parcel from Total Cycling; ordered it on the 12 March 2012, was dispatched by Royal Mail 2 days later and today I received my first notification to collect it at Cape Town PO. And all this via standard mail! R800 rands worth of goods... v happy. There is a god and his name is Eddy ;]

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I will be buying elsewhere = CWC Fail!

Had a similar "incident" last year with CWC, no response to email.

Mailed http://www.buycycle.co.za/ with my product query, they replied with pricing & links, as they added it to their website for "me" to speed/ease order process. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whoever can get me the best price... The problem about SA shops is you pay double the price....

can anyone tell me the shop that sells all the groupsets real cheap, was advertised a week ago but cant seem to find anything.

Shop is also in CPT. not cwc though

Edited by antonj