Online Bike Shops - discussions and recommendations

riaanb

Online Bike store rating  

301 members have voted

1. 1. The best all-round online store - pricing, service, range, shipping etc is?

• Chain Reaction Cycles
    • Evans Cycles
    • UK Bike Store
    • Wiggle
    • Pro Bike Kit
    • Parker International
    • Total Cycling
    • Other - Please specify
    • Buycycle.co.za
    • CWC Online

This thread is useless without pics links

[Pinned it Hubbers - please try and limit thread hi-jacks - let's see if we can get a concise list up.]

You could always google it ... stop being lazy :whistling:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very interested in knowing what products in general most of you like buying online (because of convenience or price) and what we could ad to our site that could drive some sales (and happy clients) to our store ?CFS

Everything not XC. And online for me only becomes an option because what I require is not available locally...

Everything not XC. And online for me only becomes an option because what I require is not available locally...

same for me.

It's funny though, when you do ask for something to be added as an item, and i've recently asked for it directly, you get the whole "sorry the distributor is not getting it in" BS slopeshouldering.

What happened to driving that distributor to get it while telling the customer "gimme a few days i'll see what i can do". If one customer i asking for it, its likely there are more.

What's happened to Buycycle? It's gone all weird.

They seem to have "joined forces" with Bruce Reyneke Cycles in Pretoria. Which should give them actual stock & bikes to sell.

They seem to have "joined forces" with Bruce Reyneke Cycles in Pretoria. Which should give them actual stock & bikes to sell.

Man, they need to sort that site out.

I try to support my local cycle retailers here in East London but find that generally they are more expensive than elsewhere and more often than not do not have what I am looking for. For example I recently purchased a Scott Spark 960 2016 model in Port Elizabeth at R20 800. For the same bike in East London I was quoted R25 000. Obviously I made the 600km return trip to PE and saved R4000. The same applies to the cost and availability of spares and gear. Have recently resorted to on-line purchases from BUYCYCLE and EASYBIKES and in both instances I received prompt efficient service and delivery..... and once again huge savings. Would recommend both these local South African suppliers.

• 4 weeks later...

What's happened to Buycycle? It's gone all weird.

Hello Pipsqueak, 

would love your feedback... What is you opinion is weird to before?

Thanks!

With all these time consuming options ...wouldnt you like to have a company like hippo where you can just post an item you are looking for and the cheapest price is sent via a pm or listed on this media platform...there is nothing that burns my backside more than paying R1200 for a camelbac lobo for example and the next day it is advertised on a one day special for R750.

just thinking out loud again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Pipsqueak, 

would love your feedback... What is you opinion is weird to before?

Thanks!

Hi Christian

Sorry - been away. I've bought a ton of stuff from Buycycle in the past, always a good experience. When the site was redone the very top menu bar failed to load (Mac issue maybe) so in terms of nav I was totally in the dark. In terms of constructive feedback, my current suggestion would be to make the colour of that very top nav bar something other than nondescript grey. It's the most critical part of the home page, and it's the same colour as the browser nav bar. It's easily lost to the eye.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a list of unsuccesful ones.

Fizik (Italian)

Specialized (USA)

Anyone ever order from Jenson USA? They are apparantly the big one there.

I did one order from Jenson USA. Everything was fine at first, but they billed me twice for one of the items, and then went quiet when I tried to contact them. I’m based in Zimbabwe and was getting my order shipped to a friend in the US. Eventually she had to phone them, and it was only by contacting my bank that I eventually got the extra billing reversed. I’ll look elsewhere if I want to shop in the US in the future (so would appreciate recommendations).

• 1 year later...

Hi, I get a feeling that the local Post Office is a huge problem, I need a new groupset how to i arrange delivery?