Licensing and permanent numbers

IvenS

Would it not be an idea for CSA to issue permanent numbers now that they require all cyclists to obtain a license of sorts?

I would love it if you did not have to go to collect your race number for each event and this is particularly relevant if you are traveling from afar to a race.

Can I have 69?

i see we need to get out the popcorn

69 makes you think of popcorn?? Interesting ...LOLLOL

And how do you control that someone actually entered a specific event - or do I prepay for all events when I get my permanent number - or do they scan the barcode on my number when I enter my pen and send me the bill later?

Set numbers would be cool, like in BMX and linked to your seeding index maybe? eg VT1 (top vet) etc...

And how do you control that someone actually entered a specific event - or do I prepay for all events when I get my permanent number - or do they scan the barcode on my number when I enter my pen and send me the bill later?

You submit your permanent race number on your entry form for each event exactly like your currently have to submit your CSA license number. So each entry form will make provision for your permanent number.

I would imagine that your number has to be re-issued each year just like your license would need to be.

Would be great.  And if someone is causing problems on races you can report the number to the race organisers / csa and it can be investigated.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Permanent numbers will not solve the problem.  In running you still have to use the sponsors number for the bigger races and they also like to hold watered down expos.

But for the smaller races you can enter at your local running shop, get your number and pick up your goody bag as you finish.  This driving through to Jhb to pick up numbers are starting to cheese me off.  Angry

PS: I pick 42 LOL

You submit your permanent race number on your entry form for each event exactly like your currently have to submit your CSA license number. So each entry form will make provision for your permanent number.

I would imagine that your number has to be re-issued each year just like your license would need to be.

You enter with an ID number.  ID number links to license number and permanant race number, so the event organiser knows your license number, race number and seeding already.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Permanent numbers will not solve the problem.  In running you still have to use the sponsors number for the bigger races and they also like to hold watered down expos.

But for the smaller races you can enter at your local running shop' date=' get your number and pick up your goody bag as you finish.  This driving through to Jhb to pick up numbers are starting to cheese me off.  Angry

PS: I pick 42 LOL

[/quote']

Get the sponsors to beef up the goodie bags Wink