Tyre pressure in wet/muddy conditions

Fulmenicilus

It seems that we're in for a wet Rooiberg Eco Ride on Saturday!

Any suggestions on tyre pressure? I'm running tubeless Monorails!

I have ridden my Monorails at 1.5 bar in Mud - the problem is that as soon as you hit a dry or rocky section you risk damaging your rims. I have come to the conclusion that the Monorails are k@k in mud anyway and changing pressure does not seem to help when the mud is really thick.

I was under the impression that low pressure is only used in the loose stuff. You'd want a narrower track to cut to the bottom of the mud so that you at least can get some semblance of grip and therefore ride with higher pressure in wet & muddy conditions?

Edited by Fulmenicilus

I was under the impression that low pressure is only used in the loose stuff. You'd want a narrower track to cut to the bottom of the mud so that you at least can get some semblance of grip and therefore ride with higher pressure in wet & muddy conditions?

Apparently thats why the Landys have those Marie biscuit wheels I was told. You need a thinner, harder tyre to 'cut' through the mud?

Tyre pressure wont help you much in mud mate, depending on how muddy you want to go with thin 2.0 or 2.1 with a really wide tread pattern to shed. With monorails in wet conditions your going to see your "Gat :) ) hell with monorails in most dry conditions your gonna see your gat lol.

For winter and mud season im taking of my race kings at the back and replacing them with geax barro 2.1's