MTB routes in Amanzimtoti

Lebman

i will be on holiday in Amanzimtoti and want to still train for Sani, and want to know about any riding routes in the area. Is there a route along the coast down to Margate. also is it safe / areas to avoid.

Not sure of routes in Toti, but 2 places you should really check out are Giba Gorge in Pinetown and Holla Trails in Ballito.

Definitely worth the trip.

there are vast areas to ride at the back of Toti called Illovo, but best to do it in groups. You basically ride into the rural areas along dirt road and foot paths with a few river crossings. Most guys meet at the old Illovo sugarmill on a Saterday and Sunday morning @ around 5 or 6. Its been a while since i road with them so a bit sketchy on the details. But definately hit Giba, its only about 40mins from Toti. (by car)

• 1 year later...

Morning guys, any ideas on routes in the area?

We are going there for a week...any groups doing rides?

See last post was year ago

Hi.

Amanzimtoti Cycle Club have regular MTB and Road rides during the week and on the weekends. Take a look at the clubs website (www.amanzimtoticycle.co.za) or contact the MTB Club Captain, Bruce Koll at bruce@bkcomputers.co.za or the Road Captain John Shore at johns@rwp.co.za

Hi.

Amanzimtoti Cycle Club have regular MTB and Road rides during the week and on the weekends. Take a look at the clubs website (www.amanzimtoticycle.co.za) or contact the MTB Club Captain, Bruce Koll at bruce@bkcomputers.co.za or the Road Captain John Shore at johns@rwp.co.za

Thanks, will do!