• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Protest 101 for White People

Friday’s protest is going to be horribly middle class, so let me give you a lecture in Protest 101.

1. Wear tekkies (sneakers)) and socks. You’ll need to move fast when the Nyalas arrive.

2. Dont wear mascara. It doesn’t mix well with tear gas or pepper spray.

3. One among your number needs to mix up Rennie’s and water in a bottle – for the aforesaid pepper spray and tear gas. A quick squirt into each eye and you’ll be ready to toyi toyi to another rousing rendition of Shosholoza.

4. Wear a bandana – it will hide your face from SAPS spies who will be among the marchers. It also helps against tear gas.

5 do NOT wear any outfit which looks military.  It’s like catnip for the TRT and you’ll be whipped off in a van faster than you can say “but it’s Gucci”.

6 Do NOT sing kumbaya. Go onto You tube and do searches for Fees Must Fall or other struggle songs. Shosholoza is not a struggle song. And we don’t hold up lighters for Senzeni Na.

7 If you’re going to drink bottled water, it should be decanted into other bottles. No woolies, Evian or Perrier.

8 No, you don’t get extra creds for bringing your helper or gardener. You will get extra Creds for giving them the day off. How they choose to spend it is up to them.

9  Carry proof of residence and ID with you. Without it, you won’t get bail.  Yes, the police are required to RICA you.

10 Go onto the Right to Protest website and save their phone number in case you’re arrested. Have it on speed dial.

11 Berets aren’t a fashion statement. Unless you share the politics of the party, don’t wear one.

13 Please, no Madiba shirts. If you must wear a politician’s face on your chest, try Biko, Hani, Sankara, Guevara. Go, now, and learn who they are.

15. By the same token, quote them and not Madiba.

16. If you see anyone in an EFF beret or PAC regalia run, get out of there. Those guys are tough AF, if they’re running, **** is about to go down.

17 Please don’t tell your children to “listen to the nice officer”. The correct advice is “don’t upset the lapdog of the ruling hegemony”.

18. protest speeches start with shouts of “Amandla” and fists flung skyward. Go with it. The louder the better. Just not kumbaya! Listen to the shouts around you. Do not ask anyone what they mean.

19 attending this protest should be the start of your journey towards enlightenment. Not the pinnacle of it. For googness sake,don’t brag about it to the black people at the gym!

20 The people in the crowd taking videos and pics are probably NOT uploading them to IG, they’re going in a nice file which will be kept at SAPS and titled “naughty white people who dont like uBaba”.

where's this kumbaya stuff coming from?

the rest is cool.

except if you go here

http://www.anc.org.za/content/online-store#

you can actually buy this ANC branded red beret, will cost you R120

http://www.anc.org.za/sites/all/themes/anc/images/merchandise/im0017.jpg

but obviously you shouldn't stuff around, rather get the President #1 leather jacket!

R3k well spent, will get you a tender too. Atul has a whole cupboard full of them

http://www.anc.org.za/sites/all/themes/anc/images/merchandise/presidents.jpg

Protest 101 for White People

Friday’s protest is going to be horribly middle class, so let me give you a lecture in Protest 101.

1. Wear tekkies (sneakers)) and socks. You’ll need to move fast when the Nyalas arrive.

2. Dont wear mascara. It doesn’t mix well with tear gas or pepper spray.

3. One among your number needs to mix up Rennie’s and water in a bottle – for the aforesaid pepper spray and tear gas. A quick squirt into each eye and you’ll be ready to toyi toyi to another rousing rendition of Shosholoza.

4. Wear a bandana – it will hide your face from SAPS spies who will be among the marchers. It also helps against tear gas.

5 do NOT wear any outfit which looks military.  It’s like catnip for the TRT and you’ll be whipped off in a van faster than you can say “but it’s Gucci”.

6 Do NOT sing kumbaya. Go onto You tube and do searches for Fees Must Fall or other struggle songs. Shosholoza is not a struggle song. And we don’t hold up lighters for Senzeni Na.

7 If you’re going to drink bottled water, it should be decanted into other bottles. No woolies, Evian or Perrier.

8 No, you don’t get extra creds for bringing your helper or gardener. You will get extra Creds for giving them the day off. How they choose to spend it is up to them.

9  Carry proof of residence and ID with you. Without it, you won’t get bail.  Yes, the police are required to RICA you.

10 Go onto the Right to Protest website and save their phone number in case you’re arrested. Have it on speed dial.

11 Berets aren’t a fashion statement. Unless you share the politics of the party, don’t wear one.

13 Please, no Madiba shirts. If you must wear a politician’s face on your chest, try Biko, Hani, Sankara, Guevara. Go, now, and learn who they are.

15. By the same token, quote them and not Madiba.

16. If you see anyone in an EFF beret or PAC regalia run, get out of there. Those guys are tough AF, if they’re running, **** is about to go down.

17 Please don’t tell your children to “listen to the nice officer”. The correct advice is “don’t upset the lapdog of the ruling hegemony”.

18. protest speeches start with shouts of “Amandla” and fists flung skyward. Go with it. The louder the better. Just not kumbaya! Listen to the shouts around you. Do not ask anyone what they mean.

19 attending this protest should be the start of your journey towards enlightenment. Not the pinnacle of it. For googness sake,don’t brag about it to the black people at the gym!

20 The people in the crowd taking videos and pics are probably NOT uploading them to IG, they’re going in a nice file which will be kept at SAPS and titled “naughty white people who dont like uBaba”.

Where are points 12 & 14?

12 and 14 are imperialist imposed numbers with western tendencies and have no place in a decolonised, pmost capitalist society.

Fixed

This looks like HUGE fun!

It is!!  Don't think you would ordinarily be able to get bunches like that though as they set you off at intervals, but that would certainly add to the fun!  I was surprised how many people I saw come off (and some had proper roasties...)

But if you're ever in Rotorua, spend the majority of your time mountain biking - there are some awesome trails...

Wasn't sure if I should put this here, the "I hate Specialized", or on the Epic thread  :whistling:

SPAZ don't come with skillllz

maybe the purchase should include free training, like when you buy a DSLR camera