• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

http://38.media.tumblr.com/40f9d9656f93653c50821f5fef17fd59/tumblr_nxqck89XXf1svecmko1_400.gif

As crazy things to do go.......this reminded me of once upon a time in the Karoo.......we were on our way to a flyfishing trip and had a few days rest on the farm.......when one of my maniac fishing buddies got bored and decided to flyfish for blue headed agamas (bloukop koggelmanders)! He cut the hook off a small dry fly and cast it to where the reptile was sunning itself. They were absolutely viscious and grabbed the fly in a flash. Sometimes they refused to let go and you could actually reel them in a bit before they realized that something was wrong. Soon enough it became a bit of a competition.....crazy mad people, I tell you!  :D

As crazy things to do go.......this reminded me of once upon a time in the Karoo.......we were on our way to a flyfishing trip and had a few days rest on the farm.......when one of my maniac fishing buddies got bored and decided to flyfish for blue headed agamas (bloukop koggelmanders)! He cut the hook off a small dry fly and cast it to where the reptile was sunning itself. They were absolutely viscious and grabbed the fly in a flash. Sometimes they refused to let go and you could actually reel them in a bit before they realized that something was wrong. Soon enough it became a bit of a competition.....crazy mad people, I tell you!  :D

Now I would like to see a vid of that happening!!

post-2696-0-91419400-1513416196_thumb.jpg

Day 15: Mystic Mountain. In 2010, Hubble peered deep into the Carina Nebula, 7,500 light-years from Earth, capturing this image of chaotic activity atop a pillar of gas and dust, three light-years tall, which is being eaten away by the brilliant light from nearby bright stars. The pillar is also being assaulted from within, as infant stars buried inside it fire off jets of gas that can be seen streaming from towering peaks. Streamers of hot ionized gas can be seen flowing off the ridges of the structure, and wispy veils of gas and dust, illuminated by starlight, float around its towering peaks. The denser parts of the pillar are resisting being eroded by radiation.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/40f9d9656f93653c50821f5fef17fd59/tumblr_nxqck89XXf1svecmko1_400.gif

That's just incredible accuracy.

The Germany economy is going well so I have to put in my effort. Will take a break between Chirstmas and New year

I’m working through, already had my annual holiday in Nov.... going back to SA just for Xmas weekend and the straight back to work after Boxing Day... it’s going to be a long 3 days that week b4 new year

post-2696-0-92935900-1513531523_thumb.jpg

Day 16:  A Menagerie of Galaxies. Located 4 billion light-years away in the constellation Cetus, galaxy cluster Abell 370 contains an astounding assortment of several hundred galaxies tied together by the mutual pull of gravity. The brightest and largest galaxies in the cluster are the yellow-white, massive, elliptical galaxies containing many hundreds of billions of stars each. Spiral galaxies—like our Milky Way—have younger populations of stars and are bluish. Entangled among the galaxies are mysterious-looking arcs of blue light. These are actually distorted images of remote galaxies behind the cluster. These far-flung galaxies are too faint for Hubble to see directly. Instead, the cluster acts as a huge lens in space that magnifies and stretches images of background galaxies like a fun house mirror.

*it all gets lost on such a large scale, I mean those are galaxies, light years in size, and there are hundreds of them, the enormity is just incredible. There is no way the brain has the capacity to comprehend this image*

I’m working through, already had my annual holiday in Nov.... going back to SA just for Xmas weekend and the straight back to work after Boxing Day... it’s going to be a long 3 days that week b4 new year

Yoh!  :eek: That must be an expensive weekend trip.

post-2696-0-47243400-1513578227_thumb.jpg

Day 17: An Enormous Swirl of Dusty Filaments. NGC 4696 is the largest galaxy in the Centaurus Cluster, and lies 145 million light-years away from Earth. This image shows the dusty filaments surrounding the center of this huge galaxy in greater detail than ever before. These filaments loop and curl inwards in an intriguing spiral shape, swirling around the supermassive black hole at such a distance that they are dragged into and eventually consumed by the black hole itself.