• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree. If the purpose here was to decide which one to have in your garage. It’s the F-16 for sure! Can just imagine the drunk buddy stories around that!! Hey, hold my beer......

Jeremy Clarkson has a MIG-31(I think its a 31???) in his garden. 

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Have to agree. If the purpose here was to decide which one to have in your garage. It’s the F-16 for sure! Can just imagine the drunk buddy stories around that!! Hey, hold my beer......

Drunk buddy stories?

I'll tell you a true one (well, the teller swore it is, and I trust him because he is the senior in team DJR): 

An old guy brought a lion cub back from his travels in Botswana and raised it in the Karoo. The lion was pretty tame and often went around with him, travelling in the back of the bakkie, safely closed in the canopy. One night he had a couple of drinks at the local bar in a small town while his lion slept in the bakkie. After a bit of an argument in the bar, probably about Sappe vs Natte, or something as important as Chevs vs Fords (it was that period) he got moerig, got up and went to fetch his lion from the bakkie and walked into the bar with it......and cleared the place in an instant with his detractors running and jumping through windows to get away! Several had to be patched up by the local doctor for cuts and bruises they sustained in the headlong flight.

I always thought it would have been a fabulous schene, but sadly it was before my time!  

Reminds me of the joke about a farmer who also raised a "pet" lion.

Came home from the bar to be greeted at the door by a lion. 

Mr. farmer wasn't feeling lekker and just pushed the lion aside and went into the house to find the "pet" lion sleeping in front of the coal stove. 

Not a joke - chap's name was Viv Bristo, lived in Zim. They shot 'Lost mines of Kilimanjaro' on his farm. Slightly different details, but actually a true (and corroborated by witnesses) story

Not a joke - chap's name was Viv Bristo, lived in Zim. They shot 'Lost mines of Kilimanjaro' on his farm. Slightly different details, but actually a true (and corroborated by witnesses) story

Used to have the Lion and Cheetah Park just outside Harare I think.