Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

The weekend should have 3 days

One of the days can be dedicated riding all day

Yeah, one would think that with all the technological improvements in our daily lives that makes us more efficient that we'd be spending less time working...but no.

Yeah, one would think that with all the technological improvements in our daily lives that makes us more efficient that we'd be spending less time working...but no.

I used to work in an environment where I worked 4 days on, 2 days off. Was very efficient. In fact I hardly took leave. The 2 off days would cycle through different parts of the week and weekend as the year progressed. 

I reckon that is a good model vs the 5, 6 or 7 day work week

I used to work in an environment where I worked 4 days on, 2 days off. Was very efficient. In fact I hardly took leave. The 2 off days would cycle through different parts of the week and weekend as the year progressed. 

Economist John Maynard Keynes predicted in 1928 that technological advancement would bring the workweek down to 15 hours within 100 years. .

https://robinpowered.com/blog/history-of-5-day-work-week-shorter-hours/

We have different shift cycles here depending on what section you in. I have also worked a similar shift, Only problem is I would have to take leave to be off on a weekend. It messed with racing big time. The last time I was in the shift environment I worked 12 on 2 off so I had every 2nd weekend off. I would try swop weekends with other guys if I wanted to race to avoid taking leave. Shifts=no such thing as weekend or public holiday.

We have different shift cycles here depending on what section you in. I have also worked a similar shift, Only problem is I would have to take leave to be off on a weekend. It messed with racing big time. The last time I was in the shift environment I worked 12 on 2 off so I had every 2nd weekend off. I would try swop weekends with other guys if I wanted to race to avoid taking leave. Shifts=no such thing as weekend or public holiday.

Mine would cycle through a weekend, but ja, no public holiday off.

Mine would cycle through a weekend, but ja, no public holiday off.

I remember the one year I ended up being on morning shift for both Easter and Christmas(this then meant night shift for new years eve). Had a guy in our crew with 2 small kids. He missed both the Easter Bunny and Father Christmas. I am glad I stopped shifts before I had kids. Now its just most Saturday mornings for me but it's OT so not part of my shift so I only work when I am free.