• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sias said:

You would have to be of a certain age group to catch that...

About time for Hollywood to make a reboot...

1 hour ago, Piston ZA said:

Apparently happening. Henry Cavill in the lead. 

Who will play Ramirez I wonder 

7 hours ago, MrJacques said:

About time for Hollywood to make a reboot...

Funnily enough it seems Mr Henry Cavill (Superman) has already been chosen for a Highlander remake. Coming soon........

Also seems to have the role secured for a He-man movie, the woke will love that....

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Guys things like community still exists 

I'm sure most of you have heard about the heavy rain fall in KZN the South coast got a lot of rain since yesterday. 

My son phoned last night mom one of the trees in the forest fell into our garden what do I do.. The electric fence is also damaged .. Now of course it is  pouring and at night not much anyone can do.. So I got hold of the neighbourhood watch and just ask for extra patrols around the house. (Electric fence is the first line of defence, then the beams then burglar bars, trellis etc and the house alarm.. The one side and back boundary is electric fence as we are surrounded by forest there and it's beautiful you feel like you live in the forrest... But it is also easy access with a fence down. Front and side at our only neighbour is wall.)

No problem they've broadcasted to the patrol and our security company and will sort extra patrols. 

In the meantime time hubby gets hold of his uncle.. No issues he knows a guy and they'll go out in the morning.  I get hold of the guy that does the electric fence.. He lets me know he won't make it there till Friday.. Okay not much I can do about that... Its pouring and everyone has issues I understand 

Son phoned this morning.. "Mom everyone is here to help with the tree, the neighbourhood watch the garden service all here to help" 

The owner of the Security company makes a turn to see how he can help notices how bad the damage is to the electric fence, makes a call..tells the guy its not safe he can't wait till Friday.. . 20min later the guy is fixing the fence..

Pics of the tree.. Yes it was huge.. It narrowly missed falling on our garage.. Last two pics of it all fixed up as if nothing  had ever happened.  And even the hockey skills mat survived this ordeal. ????

I don't regret paying that R1800 per year to the community watch.. And the entire community that just came to help.. Amazing stuff... And mom can sleep better knowing her son is safe. 

IMG-20210601-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20210602-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20210602-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20210602-WA0014.jpg

Screenshot_20210602_154537_com.tvt.supercamplus.jpg

Screenshot_20210602_154438_com.tvt.supercamplus.jpg

Edited by Gen

11 hours ago, Gen said:

Guys things like community still exists 

I'm sure most of you have heard about the heavy rain fall in KZN the South coast got a lot of rain since yesterday. 

My son phoned last night mom one of the trees in the forest fell into our garden what do I do.. The electric fence is also damaged .. Now of course it is  pouring and at night not much anyone can do.. So I got hold of the neighbourhood watch and just ask for extra patrols around the house. (Electric fence is the first line of defence, then the beams then burglar bars, trellis etc and the house alarm.. The one side and back boundary is electric fence as we are surrounded by forest there and it's beautiful you feel like you live in the forrest... But it is also easy access with a fence down. Front and side at our only neighbour is wall.)

No problem they've broadcasted to the patrol and our security company and will sort extra patrols. 

In the meantime time hubby gets hold of his uncle.. No issues he knows a guy and they'll go out in the morning.  I get hold of the guy that does the electric fence.. He lets me know he won't make it there till Friday.. Okay not much I can do about that... Its pouring and everyone has issues I understand 

Son phoned this morning.. "Mom everyone is here to help with the tree, the neighbourhood watch the garden service all here to help" 

The owner of the Security company makes a turn to see how he can help notices how bad the damage is to the electric fence, makes a call..tells the guy its not safe he can't wait till Friday.. . 20min later the guy is fixing the fence..

Pics of the tree.. Yes it was huge.. It narrowly missed falling on our garage.. Last two pics of it all fixed up as if nothing  had ever happened.  And even the hockey skills mat survived this ordeal. ????

I don't regret paying that R1800 per year to the community watch.. And the entire community that just came to help.. Amazing stuff... And mom can sleep better knowing her son is safe. 

IMG-20210601-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20210602-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20210602-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20210602-WA0014.jpg

Screenshot_20210602_154537_com.tvt.supercamplus.jpg

Screenshot_20210602_154438_com.tvt.supercamplus.jpg

had something similar a number of year back.

Early hours of the morning its raining and very windy, we hear a big crash and automatically think its someone crashing their car on the main rd.

Later that morning I'm getting ready for work, go out to feed the dog and something looks off.

A huge branch from the tree on the pavement has fallen on my wall.

I go back inside to change out of work clothes, go to the shed to grab a saw , by the time I get out there 2 of my neighbours are standing there ready to climb in.

My idea was to get the branch off the wall, the rest I could clean up in the afternoon. Between my neighbours and myself we got the branch off the wall, I told my neighbours to leave the rest I'll hire a chain saw and sort it out later.

By the time I got home that afternoon the pavement had been cleaned up with very little trace of the branch left.