I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

but back on topic - here's what happens when the red bus extends from just tourist stops to wine farms

Hop on, fall off...

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/28/2021 at 10:31 AM, Duane_Bosch said:

I'll never forget my first day on Pleney. My bike never showed up in Geneva and I decided I'd just roll around town and wait for it. As we pulled into Morz and I saw the little white bubbles going up the hill I told my crew I'M RENTING A BIKE.

I rode in jeans and borrowed damp kneepads. I rented a bag of bolts and threw it down the hill. The fork was crap and the brakes sucked but OMG what an afternoon! What struck me was how incredibly steep it was compared to the stuff we have here.

Let me say this in no uncertain terms. An afternoon on Pleney is worth the 25-30k you'll pay for 10 days of riding there. The rest is just cream. If you're strong and you have good brakes you can easily pump out 20 runs a day on the Plen. I've heard of pros doing 30+ in a day. 

You! My first memory...when the airport shuttle pulls into Les Gets and you look up the hill on the right for your first glimpse of nirvana, my reaction: V%^^&%&^%K, that's steep! I sh*^*&#t myself, I had no idea what I had let myself into! Between Les Gets and Morzine, my head was spinning...I got 2 weeks here, how they hell and I gonna get down those trails! The rest is history!

Pleney remains one the best trails in the area after all our visits....every ride is different!! Each time you go down there, you try another angle...it really is the downhillers downhill! 

The best trips of a lifetime, hands down.....

EDIT: Found Pleney run video.....

Edited by capediver
Link to video added

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

A nice condensed version of where they currently stand!

Snap, I been following this re-build, fascinating stuff, workmanship and forgotten crafts, the real reason for YouTube's existence...