I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Went for a swim at Fish Hoek beach on Wednesday night. Beautiful bioluminescence. Even managed a few more or less decent pictures. Pity there was a moon and too much light pollution. Would have been spectacular on a really dark night.

Biolouminescense Fish Hoek Oct 2021 (2).jpg

Biolouminescense Fish Hoek Oct 2021 (3).jpg

Biolouminescense Fish Hoek Oct 2021 (4).jpg

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, DJR said:

Went for a swim at Fish Hoek beach on Wednesday night. Beautiful bioluminescence. Even managed a few more or less decent pictures. Pity there was a moon and too much light pollution. Would have been spectacular on a really dark night.

respect. I'm too scared of the men in grey suits to swim at Fish Hoek at night

On 10/14/2021 at 8:58 AM, DJR said:

That's a bit odd for this time of year. That said, it is usually around the time that the August takes place.

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

That's a bit odd for this time of year. That said, it is usually around the time that the August takes place.

all those cyclist pee'ing "supplements" into the ocean :)

Edited by ouzo

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

I also though so, but my youngest, who is into his oceanography and marine biology, tells me that is it not that unusual. But then, he's a student and they think they know everything............????

Edit: Come to think of it, the last three occasions he and his student pal were spot on predicting where and when the bioluminescense will be, so maybe I should give them a bit more credit? 

Edited by DJR

Sorry, I had to edit out the address. it is the entrance to one of the most interesting and ususual houses in Cape Town and it belongs to a good mate. Take it as a reminder that one should never judge a book by its' cover, especially when it comes to Cape Town people.

2021-09-15 001.jpg

On 10/15/2021 at 1:00 PM, DJR said:

Sorry, I had to edit out the address. it is the entrance to one of the most interesting and ususual houses in Cape Town and it belongs to a good mate. Take it as a reminder that one should never judge a book by its' cover, especially when it comes to Cape Town people.

2021-09-15 001.jpg

De Waterkant, I aver.  That looks very much like the entrance a few doors away from my regular base when visiting the kids, some beautiful and unusual and surprisingly spacious homes there.   Exceptional rendering, naaaaisss.

Edited by justinafrika