I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

5 hours ago, Hairy said:

Why America, why......you would swear they are under attack in their houses every day of their lives.

Garbage marketing results in sales 

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

Hope you're healing up, or already healed up?

I am 4 weeks in tomorrow. 2 more to go before I can start walking without crutches. I'm not sure how long before I can start pedalling again - apparently only IDT first (not that I have one...) before I'm allowed on tar. Trails I have not the foggiest idea about at this stage.

15 hours ago, Hairy said:

Why America, why......you would swear they are under attack in their houses every day of their lives.

I have a friend who lives on a plot in Bredell and he has wooden planks buried in the ground with nails pointing upwards all around the inside of his perimeter wall.  

On 10/14/2021 at 8:58 AM, DJR said:

Went for a swim at Fish Hoek beach on Wednesday night. Beautiful bioluminescence. Even managed a few more or less decent pictures. Pity there was a moon and too much light pollution. Would have been spectacular on a really dark night.

Biolouminescense Fish Hoek Oct 2021 (2).jpg

Biolouminescense Fish Hoek Oct 2021 (3).jpg

Biolouminescense Fish Hoek Oct 2021 (4).jpg

the tuesday night we were in there for ages, the water action on the sup was insane. only time I've ever wished for loadshedding schedule around early evening.

On 10/14/2021 at 2:03 PM, MTBeer said:

respect. I'm too scared of the men in grey suits to swim at Fish Hoek at night

the sharks are gone*. 

this is quite well known, both here https://www.news24.com/news24/Green/mystery-as-great-white-sharks-disappear-in-false-bay-20190829 and here https://mg.co.za/environment/2021-01-19-why-great-white-sharks-are-disappearing-from-south-africas-coastline/ and elsewhere if you don't believe me.

You know dyer island, "Shark Alley", near Gansbaai where people would fly to from aorund thr world to watch a shark from cages? Well this guy swam there and back over the weekend

De Wet du Toit completed the 7.7km swim to raise awareness of dwindling shark populations.

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/conservation-activists-dyer-island-swim-highlights-decreasing-shark-numbers-20211024

There's about an average of 1500 people entering the water every day at muizenberg, every day of the year. there has NEVER been a shark fatality there, and the last actual attack was in 2004.

but hey, that's just facts. If you want to hear the Da Dum music eveytime there's a bit of sand between your toes, that's just a bit more ocean for people who understand statistics to play in.

*there might be some unreported stuff I missed here, but you get the point. 

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

the tuesday night we were in there for ages, the water action on the sup was insane. only time I've ever wished for loadshedding schedule around early evening.

the sharks are gone*. 

this is quite well known, both here https://www.news24.com/news24/Green/mystery-as-great-white-sharks-disappear-in-false-bay-20190829 and here https://mg.co.za/environment/2021-01-19-why-great-white-sharks-are-disappearing-from-south-africas-coastline/ and elsewhere if you don't believe me.

You know dyer island, "Shark Alley", near Gansbaai where people would fly to from aorund thr world to watch a shark from cages? Well this guy swam there and back over the weekend

De Wet du Toit completed the 7.7km swim to raise awareness of dwindling shark populations.

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/conservation-activists-dyer-island-swim-highlights-decreasing-shark-numbers-20211024

There's about an average of 1500 people entering the water every day at muizenberg, every day of the year. there has NEVER been a shark fatality there, and the last actual attack was in 2004.

but hey, that's just facts. If you want to hear the Da Dum music eveytime there's a bit of sand between your toes, that's just a bit more ocean for people who understand statistics to play in.

Your point is not valid ... not even a shark would stoop so low as to eat a Ginger!

13 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

the sharks are gone*. 

pfft facts. who needs them?

Look I've spent a lot of time in the ocean - diving, surfing, windsurfing, etc. But there's something about Fish Hoek....

Maybe it was that lady who got chowed completely - never found even a bit of her.

12 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

never found even a bit of her.

thats better than walking around with a love bite from a great white.

19 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

Maybe it was that lady who got chowed completely - never found even a bit of her.

* correction

Her straw hat was found floating.  Granny however, nada.  A dank version of an old club in my city’s “bag a granny” nights.

Edited by justinafrika

1 minute ago, justinafrika said:

* correction

Her straw hat was found floating.  Granny however, nada.  A dank version of an old club in my city’s “grab a granny” nights.

I doubt she had a straw hat on as she was a long swimmer way out behind the backline. Apparently did it every day.

Just now, MTBeer said:

I doubt she had a straw hat on as she was a long swimmer way out behind the backline. Apparently did it every day.

A case of your facts spoiling my ragged yarn?

2 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

nevertheless, if I saw one of those fishies you'd find something floating in the water near me for sure....????

3 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

it might have been her straw hat, left on the shore with her towel when she went for a swim, wind then comes along and blows it into the water.

Just now, MTBeer said:

nevertheless, if I saw one of those fishies you'd find something floating in the water near me for sure....????

like a squid squirting ink, you will disappear from site :)

32 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

???????? I imagine there must have been a few around during your surfing-dive-windsurfing adventures.  I saw a few while surfing Transkei and Slummies and Seal Point, J Bay just one sighting.  Spent most of a year just surfing our coast and was often first in the water.  How glad was I when Californian Ward Walkup hit Seal Point before me and was chased back by an inquisitive beast of a specimen.

I suspect it may have been a bit of (wait) out of mind out of sight for you. ????

Edited by justinafrika