I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

More history they never taught us:

Cracking the sky - The fascinating story by a fascinating South African, Des Prout-Jones (he is still alive and every now and then still launches a rocket for fun and his grand children) who built and shot rockets long ago (late 1940s to 1960s), but was blocked around every corner. Yes, we could have had a space programme long ago if the authorities were not so idiotically myopic. 

https://www.amazon.com/Cracking-Sky-History-Rocket-Science/dp/1868882039

More detail of the stuff they did

http://www.rocketry.org.za/History

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to let my daughter grow up not knowing what she is eating or where it comes from, so she knows where steak, wors and a tjoppie comes from.

In our house bacon is known as peppa pig 

Same here. I was making biltong this weekend and the oldest asks what animal was killed for biltong? I laughed and said killed is such a harsh word. He then asks well how does it die then? After my long pause trying to come up with a answer suitable for a 5y/o he tells me they just shoot them.

Does that mean the program will now be taken off air?

Luckily my boys now ask us to change when peppa pig comes on. Some of their programs I can tolerate but that program is not one of them.

I liked Shaun the Sheep  :blush:  

Bluey is not bad. it's australian but the "Dad" can be really funny.

I like that its australian, at least the whiny noises in my living room sound different from time to time. The american ones irritate me.

Oh, and my little one is picking up french from one of the cartoons. I think its Fancy Nancy

I like that its australian, at least the whiny noises in my living room sound different from time to time. The american ones irritate me.

Oh, and my little one is picking up french from one of the cartoons. I think its Fancy Nancy

There is another one where they speak a bit of spanish as well. Think its dora.

My oldest started calling a spade a shovel and a few other words he added a bit of an american accent. Think he gets that from Blaze.

Channel 307 and 309 amounts to a lot of my viewing.