94.7 Parking Gaurds?!?!

frankiefiggs

Don't know about anyone else but whats the deal with the so called Gaurds at some parking at 94.7. I parked behind the Waterfall estate on the sidewalk as did many others. Then when I park some oke comes and says I must pay R30 to park ther. WHAT?!? R30 to park on the side of a public road, to someone with no identification. How do I know if they are put there by organizers or just random guy trying to make a quick buck.

So I said I'll pay him when I get back, cause how would I know if he will still be there and not just take the money from a few cars and leave. So when I got back as I thought he was not there, and then some other oke come running from up the road,and he now wants money! What the heck! Its a mess. They need to give official gaurd some kind of identification!

I decided not to pay anyone cause its a joke, none of them are really looking after anything, and anyway I have alarm, immobilizer and pay insurance! Not paying some guy money for nothing!

This is Gauteng for you!  Some locals saw a wonderful opportunity to make some money and they went for it.  I would rather have asked R10.00, think less people would have complained about paying R10.00 than R30.00.

I agree! I would give the guy R20 for watching but just coming out asking R30 before you even leave your car, no way! Might have even paid if he at least had some Identification as an official of the race organizers.

There were a whole bunch of guys in official looking yellow vests on Maxwell drive, didn't ask me for anything when I got to my car, maybe my facial expression had something to do with it

my 'carguard' with yellow viz vest didn't ask for anything.

I gave him the change in my ashtray - about R3

he was grateful

my 'carguard' with yellow viz vest didn't ask for anything.

I gave him the change in my ashtray - about R3

he was grateful

See what I mean its a free for all it seems!

The security all wore orange yellow vests with reflective Sirius Risk Management on the back.

They patrolled the parked cars.

A number of times they chased the vultures away.

I parked on the side of the road and was told by a guard that I had to park inside Megawatt Park, which I did. There was no-one asking for money when I left.

I think they are gangs of car guards that go from event to event. They are clever at extorting all kinds of sums from gullible motorists.

There is a particularly brazen strain of them who descend on the roads surrounding the Wanderers when there is cricket on. My gym is there, and it takes much restraint to avoid using my pepper spray on them.

Some people tear a note in half and give the guard half the note when they arrive and the second half when they leave. Seems to be a good system.