Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Hello :) My name is Catherine. From KZN, Durban area. Love cycling and the feeling of flying through the air - freedom. Gets rid of all stress, just getting used to the idea of being a super early bird rider, as I usually ride in the afternoons. Looking to travel permanently in the near future and following some epic bikers on Instagram getting ideas of where to go and where to ride. Nice to meet all of you :clap:

Hallo and welcome Catherine. There's alot to learn on here and many who can givs you advice, maybe even a few in your area to ride along with.

Respect for trying the early morning riding thing, I'm not disciplined enough for that.[emoji1690]

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

Hope I am posting in the right section.

Name is Tyron. From Midrand.

Use to ride road years ago. Got into MTB about 6 years ago. Laid off for a while and now I am back.

Thanks guys.

Hi all.

Hope I am posting in the right section.

Name is Tyron. From Midrand.

Use to ride road years ago. Got into MTB about 6 years ago. Laid off for a while and now I am back.

Thanks guys.

Welcome and enjoy the forum. Lots of useful info to be found here. Lekker ry.[emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

The 'Momsen Vipa Ultra' search on the interwebz brought me here  :thumbup:

Been cycling all my life - bmx,mtb and bit of road!

Think my commuting versus training/racing is almost 50/50 from over the years.

This statement will probably 'taint' my introduction, but I don't give a  :whistling: :

I was surprised to see the negative comments in the article, especially considering the fact that it is a South African Brand, anyway, I think it is a damn sexy looking bike  :drool:

Looking forward to learn new tricks from the experienced members.

Cheers!

#momsenbikes

#vipa

• 2 weeks later...

Howzit all

Jason here from Cape Town

Never been on any biking forums yet but thought it would be good to join and hear this one is good.

I use to have a Cannondale but due to theft a year ago i was out of riding and decided to get back into it again.

Bought a bike recently and will be opening my own thread as I will need some tips and tricks.

Thanks

Have a wonderful sunday everyone

Edited by Cape Town_Guy

Hi All,

Andre from Kimberley here...

After a few years away I am back on an MTB.

Looking forward to many happy miles, bear with me if I ask any stupid questions...

TIA.

[emoji51][emoji1303]

Edited by LumpyCustard

Hi everyone, 

I am one of those mountain bikers who prefers flat pedals and padded baggy shorts  :eek:

Try and cycle around 20 kays 3 times a week if possible. Stay in George, usual route is in and around the George dam. 

Weapon of choice: Silverback Super Speed 2 Carbon HD. Reba fronk fork with RM going on today, race face flat pedals [not enjoying them much, will post about this] 34 tooth front ring, apart from that, dead standard.   

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. Question. I struggle with saddle soreness. That even after spending 2 minutes in the seat. What can I do about it

Gideon welcome to the Hub.

Consider a professional bike fit.  Various saddle related items should form part of a professional bike fit, such as saddle width, tilt, etc etc ....

I used to get the wierdest aches and pains as I started increasing my cycling distances .... went for a bike fit, now doing double the distances and the only "pain" is from my leg muscles adapting to the longer distances.

Hey, my name is Wian Smuts and I'm from the Western Cape. I'm a big fan of Nino schurter my dream is to be like him and ride like him. I'm 15 and have a long way to go

My dream bike is the Scott genius 960 29er

I have Patrion if you wish to support me there:https://patreon.com/user?0=u&1=%3D&2=1&3=8&4=5&5=6&6=1&7=8&8=1&9=4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=creatorshare

That support gose to my Instagram: w1smuts

Edited by Wian_smuts

Hey, my name is Wian Smuts and I'm from the Western Cape. I'm a big fan of Nino schurter my dream is to be like him and ride like him. I'm 15 and have a long way to go

My dream bike is the Scott genius 960 29er

I have Patrion if you wish to support me there:https://patreon.com/user?0=u&1=%3D&2=1&3=8&4=5&5=6&6=1&7=8&8=1&9=4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=creatorshare

That support gose to my Instagram: w1smuts

Hi there and welcome Wian, like I always say "start them young".

Its good to have a dream like yours, as long as you realise you have to work hard to reach it, it won't just come to you if you sit back and wait.

All the best and never forget to have fun along the way.[emoji1690]

Hi everyone,

I am Gerrie and I am living in the lovely (and warm!) Komatipoort in Mpumalanga. 
I have been lurking on the forums for a while and decided to finally sign up.

I am still rocking a GT Avalanche 26er HT.

I am looking forward to be part of the forum.

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

I am Gerrie and I am living in the lovely (and warm!) Komatipoort in Mpumalanga.

I have been lurking on the forums for a while and decided to finally sign up.

I am still rocking a GT Avalanche 26er HT.

I am looking forward to be part of the forum.

Cheers!

Hi and welcome Gerrie, nothing wrong with a 26er GT Avalanche HT, I also stil have one, as long as you enjoy riding it![emoji1690]