What to have for breakfast on race day??

Johnstoneighty6

Race day: 3 hours before start some cocoa rolled oats and banana, hydrate drink and an espresso. Sip on a carb drink an hour before. 5 min before start, gel. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Raw oats, banana, almond milk, mixed seeds, blue or blackberries if I got em and on days when I'm riding longer than 4 hours a serving of hammer nutrition perpetuem. Smash it in the car on the way to the race. Quick stop in the portaloo before the race and the mamil is ready to roll.

LOL the poor oke that started this thread in 2011 and hasn't been online in over a year will be in for a surprise next time he logs on. Guess I should have started a new thread for the guys that read from the beginning without checking the date. My Bad.

Raw oats, banana, almond milk, mixed seeds, blue or blackberries ...

snip

this is exactly what I eat every morning ^_^ . Also home stock dependant...but i usually chuck some dried cranberries or raisons in there instead of fresh berries...or if neither are available...ad a spoon full of peanut butter. i look forward to this every morning...basically the only "pudding" i eat haha.

Oats and a banana.

Cup of coffee so I can go to the loo and not have to worry about a mid-race bathroom visit.

As a matter of interest...

How many bathroom visits do you okes have on race day?

I seem to have 2 pit stops. First one with morning coffee at home and second visit as soon as I get to the race venue. 

A cup of coffee and 2 boiled eggs every morning doesn't matter if I'm resting, training or racing ... Race days I have 200ml of water mixed with 2 scoops of FiT DuraTrain about an hour before the start

isn't Futurelife like 40%sugar?

I think about 40% carbs, and 15% or so is sugar.

In terms of breakfast, depending on what is planned for the ride I might have just coffee before (basically anything under 2 hours) and have some Wheetbix and more coffee afterwards.

For a race or longer ride, 2-3 Wheetbix and coffee before

Edited by HdB

At 5 in the morning ..every day I could not be bothered to cook up a storm.

Woollies standard baked muesli with dried fruit soaked in hot water and wolfed down.The hot water softens the fruit and makes it lekka.No milk no sugar 

At 5 in the morning ..every day I could not be bothered to cook up a storm.

Woollies standard baked muesli with dried fruit soaked in hot water and wolfed down.The hot water softens the fruit and makes it lekka.No milk no sugar

I also mix 1 wheat bix, fruit muesli and a scoop whey protein together with milk the evening before. The next morning half an hour before the race I eat it. Then the milk have penetrate the muesli.

I also mix 1 wheat bix, fruit muesli and a scoop whey protein together with milk the evening before. The next morning half an hour before the race I eat it. Then the milk have penetrate the muesli.

No man..that sounds so kuk wthf is whey.

Early breakfast before ride, coffee and English muffin with jam. Oats with peanut butter and raisins/banana after for main breakfast.

Race days is coffee and 2 English muffins, one with peanut butter one with jam/honey. Sip on energy juice prior to race.

At least 2 pit stops from breakfast table to start line, often 3 if it's a big race and there's nerves.