Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool.

2 photos blended into 1.

Just learning how to process better in PS and keep photos more "natural" .

I use PS and Lightroom professionally and teach them on occasion and after looking at your work I can confidently say you are doing a good job and have a good eye.

I use PS and Lightroom professionally and teach them on occasion and after looking at your work I can confidently say you are doing a good job and have a good eye.

Well that's good to know, thanks. Appreciate the feedback. Was quite lost when I started a few years back but it has improved and I am happy with how it's going

Cool.

2 photos blended into 1.

Just learning how to process better in PS and keep photos more "natural" .

Technically this is HDR, but you have WAY more control of the final result. 

Some of the automated HDR make things look fake. You've done a super job  :thumbup:

would you guys say photoshop elements is enough ?

Sorry can't help there. Never used it before.

Lightroom is easy enough to use and good to manage your work flow.

Sorry can't help there. Never used it before.

Lightroom is easy enough to use and good to manage your work flow.

Ja, and for only $9.99/month for Photoshop and Lightroom, it's hardly damaging to the wallet.

Ja, and for only $9.99/month for Photoshop and Lightroom, it's hardly damaging to the wallet.

True, not bad at all. I am still on CS6 for now. Thinking of changing to Mac next year and will then make the move to Adobe CC.

• 2 weeks later...

Karkloof Falls yesterday (a bit of a cheat, as the photo has been cropped a fair amount. looks OK on the web, but wouldn't print it  :blush: ). Taken with 70-200mm f2.8 @ f5.6 2 secs with the help of a Little Stopper.

post-3498-0-81862100-1491224595_thumb.jpg

Edited by Taps

Another one at Karkloof.

attachicon.gifKarkloof2.jpg

Nice autumn colours. Was thinking about driving up there soon. The falls must be flowing nicely with all the recent rains.

Been about 2 years since I've been to Karkloof.

Another place I want to check out is Kenmo.

Nice autumn colours. Was thinking about driving up there soon. The falls must be flowing nicely with all the recent rains.

Been about 2 years since I've been to Karkloof.

Another place I want to check out is Kenmo.

Haven't been to Kenmo either but plan to make it this year.

Went out to Karkloof to try out a new 16-35 f4. Bit of a learning curve with that! Got no photos with the lens that are usable so will have to practice. Not used to getting so close to things in the foreground to stop them looking as if they are miles away.

Haven't been to Kenmo either but plan to make it this year.

Went out to Karkloof to try out a new 16-35 f4. Bit of a learning curve with that! Got no photos with the lens that are usable so will have to practice. Not used to getting so close to things in the foreground to stop them looking as if they are miles away.

The reviews on that lens is good, have not used one before but shoot with the f2.8 mkll version.

The key is to just keep your tripod low, and shoot at around f11-f16 when shooting a very wide scene.