Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried Orms trade in ? Their values are sometimes not too bad.

You can also advertise on ODP Classifieds - http://www.outdoorphoto.community/classifieds/

And try the various Facebook groups.

Didn't know about ODP classifieds, thanks! Just posted there.

Have this for sale if anyone is interested.

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-electronics/hout-bay/olympus-e+pl6-mirrorless-micro-four-thirds-m4-3-digital-camera-with-14+42mm-lens/1001958591760910000392009

Might go past ORMS next week and see what they say

Thanks man, will give them a shot.

Yea Orms seems pretty cool, working in retail (far away from the city) makes it difficult to get the gear to them.

Just take a pic of the lens / glass etc and give them a basic description of it, age and condition and they will give you an estimate trade value. I have done a lens with them from Durban. Was really easy.

Mail used@orms.co.za , they will also arrange courier collection for you.

Not when using Lightroom, the edits are not applied to the original image, you can make a gazzillion changes while keeping the original image safe and return to the original by the click of a button.  Photoshop is a little trickier in that regard.

I only shoot in RAW and in Manual (no way I am letting the camera decide!)

The options for editing is just so much greater, editing a JPEG is pretty limited.

One time I took a few shots and only later realized that I haven't checked the settings in a while, those shots were all under exposed :wacko:  luckily they were all captured in RAW so I could still use them post-editing.  If they were JPEG they would have been useless, delete, delete!

Obviously. Lightroom is a parametric image editor.

Absolutely beautiful Veebee, where was this taken?

thanks Brooks.

Hole in the Wall, small fishing village / popular holiday destination just after Coffee Bay in EC.

Please help a noob here

I want to take small steps upgrading my current Casio el cheapo hand camera to something new that will allow me to explore more options when taking pictures and the world of photography you fellow hubbers talk and brag about.

1. Budget < R 5,000

2. Must be handheld/pocket size. Different lens sizes is not my current goal

From research on the sensor sizes, there is as many options as teeth on my 3 x 9 drive chain

Pictures i like taking is from wildlife, people and hopefully soon some night sky

The following camera could be an option:

Canon EOS M10 Mirrorless Camera with 15-45mm IS STM Lens

I look forward to some advice and recommendations

Please help a noob here

I want to take small steps upgrading my current Casio el cheapo hand camera to something new that will allow me to explore more options when taking pictures and the world of photography you fellow hubbers talk and brag about.

1. Budget < R 5,000

From research on the sensor sizes, there is as many options as teeth on my 3 x 9 drive chain

Pictures i like taking is from wildlife, people and hopefully soon some night sky

The following camera could be an option: Canon EOS M10 Mirrorless Camera with 15-45mm IS STM Lens

I'm selling my Olympus E-PL6 micro four thirds camera with 14-42mm lens and detachable viewfinder.

Let me know if it interests you

I'm selling my Olympus E-PL6 micro four thirds camera with 14-42mm lens and detachable viewfinder.

Let me know if it interests you

Here are some pics

post-3441-0-89544300-1494504603_thumb.jpg

post-3441-0-38502600-1494504605_thumb.jpg

post-3441-0-80575600-1494504606_thumb.jpg

Please help a noob here

1. Budget < R 5,000

The following camera could be an option:

Canon EOS M10 Mirrorless Camera with 15-45mm IS STM Lens

First problem you will experience is that 45mm is too short for wildlife. You do have the option of buying longer lenses if needed. For portraits it will work fine. Astro photography can be done but you won't get too many great shots with any of the entry level cameras.

You could look at a Bridge Camera if you want an all-in-one package, something like this may be a better choice - https://www.ormsdirect.co.za/canon-powershot-sx60-hs

First problem you will experience is that 45mm is too short for wildlife. You do have the option of buying longer lenses if needed. For portraits it will work fine. Astro photography can be done but you won't get too many great shots with any of the entry level cameras.

You could look at a Bridge Camera if you want an all-in-one package, something like this may be a better choice - https://www.ormsdirect.co.za/canon-powershot-sx60-hs

They are great to use with legacy lenses and adapters.

They are great to use with legacy lenses and adapters.

while it can be done, it just adds to the cost, and not everyone wants to carry around a bunch of kit and accessories when on the go.