Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Nice pics!

What lens is on your 77D?

18-135mm Kit lens, hopefully could save up some moolas for something different. 

18-135mm Kit lens, hopefully could save up some moolas for something different. 

I've always said that kit lenses should never be underestimated. I was content with my 18-55mm, but wasn't prepared to save dosh for a better lens.

Sunset after a looong day

Nice pic's. if all goes to plan I'll be following or route through Italy in a few months time. :D

Here's one to initially boggle your eyes. It needs to be looked at with a dark surround. Taken at Benvie Gardens, Karkloof at midday.

:eek: :eek: 

JUST WOW !!

This is just magical, what a shot !!

Well done.

Thanks Veebee. Named it "Witches Alley" as my wife had just walked down there and given me the inspiration for this shot  :whistling: .

:eek: :eek:

JUST WOW !!

This is just magical, what a shot !!

Well done.

Thanks Veebee. Named it "Witches Alley" as my wife had just walked down there and given me the inspiration for this shot  :whistling: .

educate us mortals .... how did you do that ? and what equipment did you use ? post processing ?

Hi Slowbee

I used a full frame sensor Canon (5D3) with a kit lens (24 - 105 L F4). Used F16 to get a good depth of field and exposure of 3 secs at ISO 100. Camera obviously on a tripod. The image was exposed to the right so the unprocessed image looks quite bright. That was done to get as much information in the darker areas as possible because I knew what I wanted to do with it.

Some processing done in Lightroom, but the majority done in Photoshop with some help from Lumenzia to bring out the detail of the tree bark. Several layers of curves and levels, gradient map, vibrance, colour balance, cropping and several others.

This level of processing is not that difficult and can be done by anyone with a little practice and patience. It is not a marvellous photograph but the processing turned it into an interesting image.

educate us mortals .... how did you do that ? and what equipment did you use ? post processing ?

Here's one to initially boggle your eyes. It needs to be looked at with a dark surround. Taken at Benvie Gardens, Karkloof at midday.

Great pic Taps

Really draws you in

Agree. Way too often we try to get as much dynamic range into a photo as possible, but that would have made this an average picture of a dirt path and trees.

That's a great image man!