Pretoria East

WayneO

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whereabouts in pta east do you start and where do you ride?

Hi Bergbok,

My afternoon rides start in Moreleta Park then we head up Garsfontein Road till De Ville Bois.Hang a left there and go past the Golf Estate on the left till Atterbury then hang a left on Atterbury up to the first road where you can turn left (name escapes me). At the end of that road you branch off right and the road (Achillies I think) becomes a dirt road which runs through a few plots and past a Vineyard. After the vineyard there is a rather large hill which brings you to an intersection where you head off left. This road meets up with Lynnwood road where I hang a left on Lynnwood and travel back towards Hans Strijdom where I head up back left up to Moreleta.

Had a lekker mtb ride with Wayne this am.

Wanna hit the road bike at 5am tomorrow if anyone is keen ?

The ride was great! :) Im gonna put the road bike together the weekend, then Im ready to join you on Monday on the road.

Hi Guys,

I generally ride three afternoons a week, Mon, Wed and Thurs afternoons on my Mtb leaving at 16h00 and ride for approx 1h20 for a 29km route. However I find that I am not always able to get home in time from work to do this ride.

I was wondering if there is anyone that would be interested / knows of people that ride in the morning from roughly 5am to 6h30am? I am mostly a Mtb'er but am willing to dust off the road bike.

Hi

I know the area, but will join you in the mornings in the summer.

Enjoy

Hit the Road bike with Wayne this am, was actually warmish, 10deg at the start. I was useless and had no power however.

Will try get my bike built up, then we can do a mtb ride on thursday maybe.

Who's keen ?

Keen on a thursday morning MTB.

Let me know of time & place.

What ever happened to Stewie911 - havent seen him around in a while

Stewie is actually back in SA, was in the US for a holiday.

His knee is giving him issues though, so hasn't been riding and now it seems he can't join me for the 3 towers because of that, may need a new partner soon :thumbdown:

Vinny I'm keen to ride with Wessel for the Nissan pre-ride, 8am from Tyger Valley college.

About 60km. U keen ?