29er Fork Reba XX or Fox F29

Stig

Hi all,

If you had the choice would you use a Fox F29 100mm fork or a Rock Shock Reba XX??

The fox has a 15mm thru axle, the Reba XX a 9mm skewer.

Fox a little heavier but stiffer with the thru axle?

thumbup1.gif

I'm going to throw in a curve ball.

How about putting a lefty on?

I replaced my Reba Team with a Lefty and in my opinion its a far better fork than anything I've ever ridden before, Reba & Fox included.

Edited by Thug

Also look at the new 29er SID coming out it will be really light, just over 1,5kg for the maxxle version with lockout.

Or there is a 9mm model just over 1,4kg.

I already have both forks but need to fit one on my tallboy and sell the other.

So is it Rock Shock Reba XX or Fox F29 for a 29eer, I weigh 100kgs,

clap.gif

I already have both forks but need to fit one on my tallboy and sell the other.

So is it Rock Shock Reba XX or Fox F29 for a 29eer, I weigh 100kgs,

clap.gif

out of interest what are the weights

but if you have the Fox rlc 29 with fit catridge thats the one for big guys like us also generally easier to setup

but have heard amazing things about the lefty. A mate is having one put on his air niner carbon he is shaving about 400-500grams but its costing arm and a leg about 12 grand with Tune hub conversion luckily he aint paying

Just a quick one. Get yourself a copy of the UK's, What Mountain Bike Magazine, May 2011 edition at CNA. There is a review of 19, 100-150mm travel forks.

And......the 100mm Best in class winner is - Fox F100 FiT RLC QR15!

And the over all winner - Fox R120 FiT RLC QR15! Beating a Lefty in the review as well.

Lefty's are awesome but not at the current price, way over priced!

I've got a 2011 Fox F29 Terralogic on my 29er. Very sweet! Fox all the way!

Another vote of the F29 Terralogic!

Plus the white with black decals looks sick!

Morwa just take into account the generaly the UK mags like more trail/all mountain type gear as this is the riding they do most, unlike Sa where racing is the norm. SO their definition of the winner will be affected by that.

• 9 months later...

i have the fox and sid on exactly the same bike frame .i prefer the sid dual air for riding tecknical stuff .the fox is stronger and robust .The dual air has more setup options and better if you stand and pedal .fox and lefty are exspensive to service.Either or .Difficult choice

Lots of complaints about the flex in the Reba 29er, so if Reba, maybe a thru-axle will help resolve this issue, but you cant go wrong with the Fox with thru-axle.