Cycle insurance question

chris_w_65

Not sure which forum this should be in...

In my insurance policy schedule that was emailed to me the only references to bicycles are

· Types of property NOT covered under the general unspecified item are

· Cell phones, car sound and communication equipment; tapes, cassettes and CD’s in vehicles; pedal

cycles, money, stamps and coins.

Excess

3. Pedal cycles with a value of R10 000 and more : 5% of loss - minimum R500

Should I be looking elsewhere for fine print regarding cover on my bike and possible exclusions? It is insured under all risks. If my garage door was open and someone jumped over my wall and stole it I wonder if they could say the garage was not locked or the bike wasn't locked to an immovable object?? (Bad example because it lives in my lounge leaning against my couch :D )

My last insurance company had a whole list of things they wouldn't cover on my bike including racing :unsure:

If something is not specifically excluded is it automatically included? That would be my understanding.

Edited by chris_w_65

im also looking at insurance for me MTB.

Thx for the link to the Garrun one but a question. it says that your bike is covered while racing/training rides but then says not covered for dents. Is that a small dent as in a stone dent or a large dent which causes the frame to be weakend? :unsure: