Can't pick up my Polar IR USB!!!

L.T.G

cursing.gif

I'm running VMware fusion on my Mac, PURELY so i can transfer my Polar data.

somethingoops.gif'ed out yesterday and i had to reload both Protrainer and Polarfitness... since then I can't pick up my IR USB, any suggestions?

(I have downloaded the IR software, installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc etc) but nothing...

irritated to Fuh Huk!!cursing.gif

Chances are the USB thingy is faulty...I have had mine replaced foc twice, helluva frustartion though!

Mini hijack

Just so you will all know...

When I needed IR for the Polar SD800 I had I was told by Polar I had to get a Polar one for R500.00. I then remembered I had a generic USB IR device so I gave it a try and it worked 100%. I think I bought it about 8 years ago so nothing fancy about it.

Another mini hijack:

I have to run VirtualBox on one of my machines solely so I can do the same with my Garmin...

it worked fine for at least a month, till Saturday... then, i don't know what went wrong.

Perhaps i should try the generic IR dongle route...

but just in case, I've made an appointment at Polar (you don't just ever pitch up there, you'll wait almost 2 months for a reply on anything :blink:)

Are you sure VMWare is passing the port through from the host correctly?

it worked fine before Saturday, and i haven't changed any settings ...

how/where would i be able to check that?

Mini hijack

Just so you will all know...

When I needed IR for the Polar SD800 I had I was told by Polar I had to get a Polar one for R500.00. I then remembered I had a generic USB IR device so I gave it a try and it worked 100%. I think I bought it about 8 years ago so nothing fancy about it.

Same for me. Got an Esquire USB dongle thingy and works great.

it worked fine before Saturday, and i haven't changed any settings ...

how/where would i be able to check that?

Dunno VMWAre fusion too well, but somewhere in the VM settings, you should be able to create a device specific USB filter.

thanks for the help guys.

got it sorted!:thumbup:

i started fiddling with VM a bit and found an IR setting that I'd missed before.:blush:

it had obviously been reset when i had that glitch on Saturday, so all's ok now.:clap: