Mongoose Downhill Series #3

Melch

Hey guys

Who is planning on going to the race this weekend? I will probably go through. Never ridden the course at Eden, anyone know what it is like?

If its the same track as last time, its quite short, not too many obstacles. One small drop, one mean rock garden, a few jumps. Nice track to play on

Guest Omega Man

There used to be a horrible g out section before the road crossing just before the rock garden.

We've built a kicker and turned the g out into a sweet landing.

Guest Omega Man

Come race guys. I've said it a million times before. By coming to the races you are helping the sport move forward and encouraging track development.

All we have to do is pay a little money. Meet some new friends. Get shuttled to the top of the track all weekend and cable tie a number to your bike. Oh. And do as many runs down the track as you want.

By doing those few little things you are helping the sport move forward and aiding track development. Without the races the sport will simply wither and die out.

I'm definitely in for the weekend. Dead keen. My mate is also going to ride, he gonna do it hard tail style

Hey guys, directions to the track?

Go to the green arrow on the map.

More more details, search "Eden, Stellenbosch" in google maps will get you pretty close

post-4486-0-05738600-1308060091.jpg

Directions can be found on Facebook under the group WC Mongoose DH Series 2011

Co-ordinates are 33°58'8.14"S 18°51'55.05"E

Hey guys.

How was the race?

I went through for practice on saturday but descided to skip the race. had a lot of other stuff to do and I felt I got my moneys worth of riding in on saturday. Anyway just wondering how the race went and what the final turnout was like.

It pour the night before which obviously made the track muddy. Quite a few riders didn't pitch on the day, as expected it cleared at 11am, but still muddy. The Facebook page WC Mongoose DH Series has some photos. I have also put some practice photos on Pinkbike. Looking for some others from other people too.

Good fun was had by all, the results will be up on the FB page aswell.