Trek Fuel EX6 vs. Giant Trance X3

Beer4Recovery

Hi Guys,

I want to replace my current 2008 Trek 4500 hardtail with a dual suspension bike. I am currently considering the following 2 bikes, the Fuel EX 6 or the Trance X3.

I would like you to share your opinion on these bikes. I am leaning towards the Trek but also like the Giant, decisions decisions!!! :unsure:

Any comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Trek

GIANT

Hi Guys,

I want to replace my current 2008 Trek 4500 hardtail with a dual suspension bike. I am currently considering the following 2 bikes, the Fuel EX 6 or the Trance X3.

I would like you to share your opinion on these bikes. I am leaning towards the Trek but also like the Giant, decisions decisions!!! :unsure:

Thanks!

Trek

GIANT

The Trek is a fantastic trail bike. I think in the UK it's been voted the trail bike of the year for 2 years running (can't remember which mtbike magazine). It's got a nice laid back geometry, perfect for single track riding.

If you upgrade the parts it's also light enough to do a bit of racing with. I did the 2010 Epic with a EX9 and it performed flawlessly. Highly recommended bike.

I have a 2010 Trek EX7 (cols actually look similar to this yrs EX6).

It is THE MOST EPIC BIKE I HAVE EVER RIDDEN!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I used to ride a Giant before that (hardtail) but when i shopped around i went Trek.

One of the big drawcards for me was the lifetime warrantee on the frame. Had a mate with a Giant who cracked his frame and despite being told when he bought it that he had a 'lifetime warantee on the frame' after he cracked it, they told him the lifetime of a mtb is only 5 years.

I know someone else who had his Trek for years and had the same problem and they swopped his frame for the latest one no questions asked. That alone makes me vote Trek.

that said, i have 3 mates on giants (two of them duelys and both anthems) and they love them.

So its a tough call.

personally Im a Trek fan. :thumbup:

I can't seem to find any shops other than CycleLab (ripp-off b.t.w) & Solomons who stock Trek bikes. Any suggestions?

Edited by deftone

Got myself a 2011 Trek Fuel EX7 at a VERY good price! :thumbup:

This bike is awesome!!!!!

post-5035-0-32962100-1308293304.jpg

Edited by deftone

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

Trek

GIANT

Trance mate no comparison.

Got myself a 2011 Trek Fuel EX7 at a VERY good price! :thumbup:

This bike is awesome!!!!!

Nice! Where?

Back-up for the frame and Bontraeger parts in SA is upto ****.

For peace of mind and a better bike go trance.

why would i need backup for those - haven't had problems on my previous Trek, guess it's built to last :D

I'm happy with my Trek thank you - Giant was way over priced.

why would i need backup for those - haven't had problems on my previous Trek, guess it's built to last :D

I'm happy with my Trek thank you - Giant was way over priced.

WTF? why would you need backup, so Trek never ever breaks? Not a single manufacturers flaw since inception? No cracks? You never need to service the pivots? Should i go on?

Thats about the stupidest thing Ive heard ever, but that aside, the rear traingle on the trek flexes more than 50 year old cougars titties, and the ride quality doesnt come close to the Trance.

WTF? why would you need backup, so Trek never ever breaks? Not a single manufacturers flaw since inception? No cracks? You never need to service the pivots? Should i go on?

Thats about the stupidest thing Ive heard ever, but that aside, the rear traingle on the trek flexes more than 50 year old cougars titties, and the ride quality doesnt come close to the Trance.

jeesh, chill bru. :huh: WTF!?

I have a 2010 Trek EX7 (cols actually look similar to this yrs EX6).

It is THE MOST EPIC BIKE I HAVE EVER RIDDEN!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I used to ride a Giant before that (hardtail) but when i shopped around i went Trek.

One of the big drawcards for me was the lifetime warrantee on the frame. Had a mate with a Giant who cracked his frame and despite being told when he bought it that he had a 'lifetime warantee on the frame' after he cracked it, they told him the lifetime of a mtb is only 5 years.

I know someone else who had his Trek for years and had the same problem and they swopped his frame for the latest one no questions asked. That alone makes me vote Trek.

that said, i have 3 mates on giants (two of them duelys and both anthems) and they love them.

So its a tough call.

personally Im a Trek fan. :thumbup:

:thumbup: went with the Trek and it's an awesome ride!

jeesh, chill bru. :huh: WTF!?

Im totally chill, but dont give people crap advice when they are about to spend a large sum of money on a bike. If you spend anything more than 10k on a bike you make sure you have backup for it otherwise you might as well flush that bundle of cash down the toilet.