Induna

River Rat

For those that did the words spectacular and stunning would be understatements. Arguably the best marked route I've seen. For those that did the 40k you would be surprised to hear that the second loop on the 75k was even more spectacular and indeed tougher. The journey up the Sabie river was breathtaking.

Ps thanks to the grumpy dude who told me at the 36k mark that I would never finish the 75k. You really inspired me to continue, just a pity you weren't at the end when I finished cause I was going to give you a piece of my mind. Maybe next time!

I also did the 75k race and it was very well organised with a good challenging route, espacially the techincal sections along the Sabie.

I must however reflect on remarks that I have overheard regarding the race overall and matters that will infuence newbies to take up the sport with this specific race:

-lost faxed entry forms by the INDUNA administartion, unneccessary conflict at the registration

-the race is not part of the MTN series anymore, why no incentive i.e medal in stead of a "lousy, cheap" bottle opener

-no other sustenance on the longer ride (75k) i.e potato, compare the shorter Forest to Falls with its more than amply stocked water tables (potatoes,PVM bars,chocolate,bananas...)

Especially the first timers felt let down by the event- all effort, nothing brought back to show (except a nice smile, scratches and "bloukolle a-la-mtb")

Induna for me isnt about medals or waterpoints or anything other than the odd combination between laughter and tears.

The 75 was a very hard route, and those uphills towards the finish just kept coming :blink:

But what an amazing experience, the singletrack didnt disappoint, I was giggling around every turn, and to see Max fly past us a couple of km from the end was just sick!

I'll defintely be back next year!! :clap:

Edited by IdeJongh