I-flex duathlon 12 June

Nettie R

Anyone else who did this event?

What an awesome event with perfect weather! I must say the cycle leg was tough with all those hills. I'm not much of a runner so the 2nd run practically killed me.

Love the long sleeve shirt. :thumbup:

Yeah, was there, was pretty tough! Finished in 1h57m, always happy to do these events in under 2 hours.

Great event!!

Good value for money...

Nice hard Bike leg....and the first run I think was a bit longer than 5km(the first 5km times were slow so I think it was long)

But really you can't ask more of an event,would love to have more of these in Gauteng!! :clap:

Just one thing,please can they create a cat for the 30+ or at least a 35 - 39 cat?

We don't really want to compete with the Elites anymore....and if you are 35+ and want to race Open then you can just enter Open. :thumbup:

First run was 5.4km, second run was 2.7km. i don't think they measured from inside the gate but rather from when you got onto the road.

I really enjoyed myself but also found the cycle rather brutal with all those hills. Couldn't find a decent bunch to work with so ended up cycling most of the way by myself.

rac373v2, those distances match what my garmin recorded with the cycle being close to 40.5

They also need to create a 45+ category. :D

I must agree. A very well organised event.... :clap: :clap:

I enjoyed every second of it... Managed a 1h50min for 40th overall. This being my first multi sport event ever I think the bug has bitten :D

Hey BBox then you came in 1 spot ahead of me.

Well done - great time for your first event.

Now that I got the "official" distance on the run legs I feel a bit better on my run times ;)

Got to cycle with a nice bunch - thus a very enjoyable ride for me.

Great stuff that the weather played along.

Hey BBox then you came in 1 spot ahead of me.

Well done - great time for your first event.

Now that I got the "official" distance on the run legs I feel a bit better on my run times ;)

Got to cycle with a nice bunch - thus a very enjoyable ride for me.

Great stuff that the weather played along.

We must have been in the same bunch then... the guys worked well together.

Even though I felt very good on the bike the last run was a big struggle. Felt like i was dragging a tire behind me.

Guest agteros

I really enjoyed myself but also found the cycle rather brutal with all those hills. Couldn't find a decent bunch to work with so ended up cycling most of the way by myself.

rac373v2, those distances match what my garmin recorded with the cycle being close to 40.5

They also need to create a 45+ category. :D

That lone, long, hilly cycle is good prep for next weekend in the Cape Thug! NO drafting next weekend ;)

We must have been in the same bunch then... the guys worked well together.

Even though I felt very good on the bike the last run was a big struggle. Felt like i was dragging a tire behind me.

I suspect I was in the same group, I couldn't hang on though, the second last BIG hill took the wind out of my sails!

I drove through from the West Rand. Left early as this was my first Road Duathlon and wanted to make sure I get my nice moisture management top and a good parking spot.

So , got there before sunrise , bumped my car (at the entrance to the parking area F@#%#&) -turn to short . . . eish - :blush:

Got the good parking

Got my moisture management top

Got my race chip

ready to go . . .

The race:

Whistle went - didn't want to start to fast as I have done that many a time with mtb duathlons in the past and struggled to the end. Got a nice pace going . T1 went smooth and got onto the bike and were already 4 or 5 guys in a bunch. Through the first dip over the bridge I lost my water bottle and decided to stop and get it as I do not want to do the 40km without it. The cycle route was fun and got a nice group of 6 going. Got some vehicle traffic on our last turn around on 1 of the downhills and we were cautious at most. I almost bought a patch of kameelfontein between a back marker tannie on a mtb on the left and a BEE white Bmw on the right. Made myself thin and got through that small gap. T2 , no problems and did a decent run to the finish. Did a 1h59 and a few seconds. Happy as my goal beforehand was 2h00

On my way home , got a flat tire . . .

Anyway , I enjoyed every moment of the Dueathlon and will definitely do events like this again.

Thanks to Albie de Lange and his team to put this event together !