Clever Wife

Zula

So I was chatting to the Mrs last night explaining to her the benefits of a 29er and why I would like to invest in a hardtail version.

Her response

'Just pedal faster'

This is gonna be a tough nut to crack!

I just love the simplicity of the answer, get her on the Hub to sort the men from the boys :lol:

So I was chatting to the Mrs last night explaining to her the benefits of a 29er and why I would like to invest in a hardtail version.

Her response

'Just pedal faster'

This is gonna be a tough nut to crack!

The trick is to speak her "langauge":P . You need to tell her that your new 29er is like a GHD hair straightner thingy ma-bob (apparently chicks think these things are amazing! My girlfriend refuses to use anything that isnt a GHD) or its like a 7kg washing machine vs a 4kg washing machine. Its all in the detail :oops:

The trick is to speak her "langauge":P . You need to tell her that your new 29er is like a GHD hair straightner thingy ma-bob (apparently chicks think these things are amazing! My girlfriend refuses to use anything that isnt a GHD) or its like a 7kg washing machine vs a 4kg washing machine. Its all in the detail :oops:

They exactly the same as us jut in their own way. On Saturday she starts telling me her hair dryer is on its way out but its lasted 5 years blah blah blah

In the next breath she's telling me about how awesome the GHD hairdryer is. Think its over 2k!

Maybe I get her a hairdryer and me an air 9 carbon? I think thats fair :)

I think that is a fair trade!

My girlfriends birthday is comming up and she is hinting at the GHD hairdryer / hair straightner combo, its the travel version that she can use when she travels or when she goes to gym every morning! plus it apparently comes in a "pretty pink" cover/ bag thing! It costs like 3.5 or so thousand Ronds :eek: I offered her a new fox fork for her bike - still havent got a response to that yet :rolleyes:

I think that is a fair trade!

My girlfriends birthday is comming up and she is hinting at the GHD hairdryer / hair straightner combo, its the travel version that she can use when she travels or when she goes to gym every morning! plus it apparently comes in a "pretty pink" cover/ bag thing! It costs like 3.5 or so thousand Ronds :eek: I offered her a new fox fork for her bike - still havent got a response to that yet :rolleyes:

U sound like uve done alot of homework on this :)

If you could come up with a new "GHD" type design, you would be a millionaire very, very quickly :thumbup:

I wouldnt call it homework. just friendly hints and tips from the girlfriend. like adverts in her girly magazine that are accidently left open on the bed or on top of my tread mag, or those little phrases when we go shopping, " oh love, look how cheap those GHDs are, or they are having a special on at Sandton on GHDs - like 5% off, but this weekend only.

I wouldnt call it homework. just friendly hints and tips from the girlfriend. like adverts in her girly magazine that are accidently left open on the bed or on top of my tread mag, or those little phrases when we go shopping, " oh love, look how cheap those GHDs are, or they are having a special on at Sandton on GHDs - like 5% off, but this weekend only.

Females love sales. Personally I hate them. There is a reason no one else bought the items and now the store is sitting with old stock.

Maybe a GHD would end me up with a 29er frame. Will have to use my skills of persuasion on this one :)

I love my GHD - guys you really have no idea how amaizing they are!

I have had myne since 2006 and I really take it everywhere as I have +- 68cm thick hair and it is the only iron that keeps them dead straight till the next wash (about 4 days)!

I do love my MTB as well and it is quite funny to see my Scotty (that's my bike not my bf!) and my GHD lying right next to each other in the back of my car on MTBing trips (like this coming weekend to Greyton)... :clap:

I have not cycled on a 29er, so I have not fallen inlove with one yet so I will not be able to convince this one - but all I can say is that I will spend some of my savings on a GHD as it is an investment and I do care for it as I do for my Scotty :rolleyes:

This is a funny post and I am enjoying to read it as I am a lady roting for both the bike and the GHD! :D

Just go buy the bike. A word of advice:

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission...

As far as any GHD being classified as an investment goes, diamonds are an investment, not haircare products!

My "reward" for a clever wife is I remove two links out of her chain. Then she can just not get a comfortable sit on the loo.

My "reward" for a clever wife is I remove two links out of her chain. Then she can just not get a comfortable sit on the loo.

post-6166-0-35663700-1307953808.jpg