The Vlei 24 hour

THABA TRAILS

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

format, teams, indvidual, lap length, route guide, sponsors, costs, times?????? details details, :-)

I'm there for sure.

Will this be independent of the 'usual' 24 hour event held in December?

I believe the 'usual' 24 hour has been moved, to a location further north. No details just yet! So I'm guessing this will be run independently?

The venue; The Vlei Cycle Park, Rietvlei Zoo Farm.

The Date; 1/2 October.

awwwwwww no! it would have been excellent training for that other ride i entered ... but still have to attend classes that saturday till late that night :(

"The Vlei 24" will be at the "usual" venue..Rietvlei Zoo Farm. The date was decided on as we considdered the weather and did not want to be seen as encrouching or "pinching" any other events.

The timing will also give you guys the chance to recover for the Sabie Experiance as a few guys do this annually and therefore decide not to do the "24".

As I have done the design of all the "The Vlei" routes.Last year when I started communicating with Tinker,he actually wanted a longer lap (12 miles )but was pleased with the actual distance taking into considderation the terrain.Even though I have good idea for the October ride,I would like to open a "riders suggestion box" and see how we can considder all riders suggestions.My thought for this year is to have a shorter lap, say 8-10km. Was last year too technical, can I include the "new Japanese Garden", do I add some more hills....or should I just do my thing and surprise you all??????

We have not got to final details BoBo... but the idea is Solo Cat; Elite(men and woman) Junior(Men and Woman (12 hours,teams only) TEAM Cat. Four Man, mens,woman and mixed. Eight man, men woman and mixed. Coffin dodgers.. Four man with a combined age of 220 years.

Details,details..details....watch this space and our web will include the "24" as a seperate entity from end July... must keep you thinking...and PLEASE don't hesitate to make suggestions, especially if we can improve on what we did last times... Wendell

Even though I have good idea for the October ride,I would like to open a "riders suggestion box" and see how we can considder all riders suggestions.My thought for this year is to have a shorter lap, say 8-10km. Was last year too technical, can I include the "new Japanese Garden", do I add some more hills....or should I just do my thing and surprise you all??????

You know what you're going to get if you allow moans. Do it your way.

I think last years lap was great, too technical becomes a problem for solo riders in the dark IMHO .... I would NOT put in the Japanese garden for example .... some 'tricky' sections of course should be kept :rolleyes:

Length of lap doesn't concern me too much but I guess for a solo rider around 10k's is good? Not too boring then :unsure:

But ja just my 2c .... let the 'real' 24hour men rather comment ;)

last year's ride was perfect. slightly longer, slightly shorter would also be fine ...

i would love japanese garden, but i wont be there ... except if you move it 1 week later :D

There may be a clash of dates with 12 hour that was started a year or two ago....any suggestions for an alternative date other than the 1/2 October...here is your time to help me find a suitable date. Thanks