Fork for the long haul

Pittstop

Have the following option of 2 forks. Marzo 888 RC2x or Boxxer Race. Looking to see which might be better in the long run.

Boxxer, I think its '06-'08 (some-one correct me if I'm wrong) but thats when Marzo went through a real dip in there forks.

Boxxer, I think its '06-'08 (some-one correct me if I'm wrong) but thats when Marzo went through a real dip in there forks.

The dip wasn't in that particualr fork's technology but in the ATA2 cartridge found on 55 and 44 series forks. The 888 is still the gold standard for downhill forks and even a good 2006 888 is still very good. They've kept everything standard, so you can fit modern valving etc to the older fork if you want.

You can also buy super low stiction competition seals for all Marz forks that improves the performance a lot - albeit for a very short while.

I have a 06 RC2X.

I have no clue when it was last serviced but its soooo smooth with no signs of slowing down.

The marzo has all the bells and whistles too, compared to the boxxer race that only has compression and rebound damping ( I stand corrected )

The up side on the boxxer is the weight, and maybe the ride-height...

Don't know what the '10 Boxxer Race is like but I'm running a '07 888 RCV and I can't believe how smooth/plush it is. Really happy with the performance of it.

Boxxer is 2010. The 888 is 2006.

aah bru ... no question! take the Boxxers ... the 2010 model means you are getting the new 35mm stantions, black box valving ... you cant go wrong!

sorry it doesnt have the blackbox valving - but anyway!

New BoXXer Race

•Motion Control I.S. (Integrated SpeedStack) damping features external low-speed and rebound adjust •Includes soft and firm tuning springs

New BoXXer Series •New magnesium lower legs incorporate powerbulges to reduce weight and maximize bushing placement •Forged trussed crown design reduces weight and maximizes stiffness •Direct stem mount compatible •Anodized 7000 series low-friction uppertubes with sag gradients •20mm Maxle Lite DH thru-axle further reduces weight •Standard post-mount disc brake mounts accepts 6" rotors without adapters. Larger rotors accepted with correct adapters •Both tall and short crowns included

WAY TO GO in my mind - fine it only has normal rebound and compression dampening - but still ... newer technology and WAY lighter