Riding Rigid

nathrix

http://mtb198.oneninety8llc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rigid-ss-mountain-bike.jpg

1. No room for error

2. It makes old trails new

3. Variety is a good thing

4. It is super cheap to get into

5. It is a challenge

7. You learn how to use your most important suspension component correctly

Have a read http://mountain.bike198.com/riding-rigid-suspension/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+MountainBikingBy198+%28Bike198+-+Mountain+Biking%29

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Riding rigid can be embarassing at times - especially when wearing lycra. But hey, I'm just glad to hear you are enjoying your riding! :blush: :blush: :blush:

What has the kit got to do with it ?

"rigid"....tight pants.....under the belt humour....tough crowd...

I ride in lycra on my rigid and I also cry like a girl and walk around very clean shaven , as well as removing wax from my ears and hairs from my nostrils.

I ride in lycra on my rigid and I also cry like a girl and walk around very clean shaven , as well as removing wax from my ears and hairs from my nostrils.

...and very clean white shoes

Riding rigid can be embarassing at times - especially when wearing lycra. But hey, I'm just glad to hear you are enjoying your riding! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Lycra, baggies, kaalgat...whatever floats your boat....Please share with us your embarrassing moment :unsure:

I have a buddy that rides a rigid mtb. It is actually similar to a bmx. Hell he even flies down the downhills at tokai and takes some of th jumps on vasbyt

I rode rigid for a few months a while back, even did the 85km at Knysna, really enjoyed overataking okes on the fireroad descents on their dual suspension bikes.....they had the last laugh tho on that grassy dh section near the end of the race, i had to get off and walk some sections, arms were stuffed from all the bumps.....should be easier on a 29er though......

Just call it what it is... A freekin dikwiel.

Yip , in the old days we use to do MTB races on SS rigid bikes and yes we did call them dikwielle . But all those old thing are coming back and everybody thing WOW WTF didn't they think of this years ago :lol: . Been there and done that because we did not have anything better , no ways anybody gonna tell me it's the next best thing . But I do find it extremely amusing anyway . :P

Edited by dirt-rider

We fitted bmx bars on our raleigh dikwiele and thought it was the bom. binned the fenders and backpedal was all we needed.

We fitted bmx bars on our raleigh dikwiele and thought it was the bom. binned the fenders and backpedal was all we needed.

Those were the days when fitness and skill made up for our lack of old age talent :) hence turning into bike snobs and buying new components everytime we make a mistake :)

The best thing I have ever witnessed was when a group of "snobs" pointed and laughed at someone's SSR "dikwiel bike" at the 2011 Attakwas registration. They almost fell over on their backs when they were informed straight faced no pun intended that it was entered in the Ultra and not the half marathon. To see the shock and horror on their teary eyed faces at the finish line was priceless when they realized they came in a couple of hours later and that there were two dikwiel bikes that gave many riders out their a hiding :o :clap: :lol:

Have had a rigid 26er for ages now, but here's a question for the rigid 29ers...

I've noticed some flex on 29er sus forks under heavy breaking, on both smaller and bigger stanchion forks. It feels as if the front axle is moving back and angles get a tad steeper and twitchier in the turn. Are the rigid forks stiffer?