Giant Talon 29er

Clint Adams

Picked up my New Giant Talon 29er today.

It's so nice and shiny

Cant wait to take it out on a ride. hope the weather clears up this Thursday.....

post-13600-0-48449600-1308081295.jpg

post-13600-0-99709700-1308081311.jpg

post-13600-0-13716700-1308081331.jpg

Anyone who's ridden one?

post-13600-0-84676800-1308081304.jpg

Edited by Clint Adams

Nice, Clint. Bought one myself some months back. Having tons of fun on it. I do, however, want to give it an air shock at some stage. You may find the stock grips twist a bit. Invest in a set of locking grips.

Enjoy!

Nice, Clint. Bought one myself some months back. Having tons of fun on it. I do, however, want to give it an air shock at some stage. You may find the stock grips twist a bit. Invest in a set of locking grips.

Enjoy!

That's on my to do list as well. The shock maybe next month and the grips I will do this weekend.

That's on my to do list as well. The shock maybe next month and the grips I will do this weekend.

Another thing worth upgrading in the long term would be a wheelset, or, at least, a rear hub. I've found that when you need to trackstand in an emergency, you go through quite a bit of pedal stroke before the hub engages. Minor niggle though.

Another thing worth upgrading in the long term would be a wheelset, or, at least, a rear hub. I've found that when you need to trackstand in an emergency, you go through quite a bit of pedal stroke before the hub engages. Minor niggle though.

That's good to know...

Nice ride Clint, welcome to the bigger wheel club, just remember there are a few hubbers around here that will have some remarks about 29ers, but that is only because they are stuck with tiny wheels! I agree with a decent air fork, but also consider American Classic wheels and lighter tyres, such as Specialized Renegade Control (540g a piece). Wheels and tyres should set you back less than R6K and will save you almost 1kg. Enjoy your bike, and don't forget to loose the spoke reflectors!