Anyone else had this happen?

Trance Dance

Whilst riding yesterday i felt a bump in the front wheel, felt it a week ago but it was hardly noticeable, yesterday it more pronounced and noticed an avtual 's' bend in the tire. It looked as if it there were two bumps one on the left and another 2 inches in front of that on the left. This formed the 's' bend. It is a Nevegal with about 60 - 7- % tread. Time to steal the wife's brand new racing ralph out the kit cupboard!

The tyre has de-laminated, probably from ammonia based sealant Kenda's are quite prone to this.

New Maxxis tyres even have a warning stating warranty void if used with Ammonia based sealant

Thanks for the reply, that is what i thought, i'm running Stans in the tire, and i am aware that Kenda's have a reputation of bursting. I was just a bit worried that the 's' bend in the tire might have been as a result of the wheel being out of true. But i guess not.

I think i have a similar problem with bubbles forming on my crossmarks. Used stans to seal them, the one bubble is level with tread. Should I change the tire immediately? They are super expensive to replace so don't want change too hastily. What should I use to seal my tires next time?

They could fail and cause an injury safer to replace.

The new Stans is ammonia free its the so called "Eco friendly" version I am currently using that, most will agree anything ammonia free

Edited by Mecnic

I think i have a similar problem with bubbles forming on my crossmarks. Used stans to seal them, the one bubble is level with tread. Should I change the tire immediately? They are super expensive to replace so don't want change too hastily. What should I use to seal my tires next time?

Hey Tommy if you are in Jhb go to Solomons in Woodmead for your Crossmark LUST tyres. I think they are still under R400 which is probably 30% cheaper than they were 2 years ago.

Thanks for the advice guys, will replace them ASAP. Don't want to pay hosital bills if they fail. I see CWS is running a special on 26er crossmarks.