Pretoria East - New Bike Park

OneMac

Hi Hubbers

Gabriel is getting a new Bike Park started on the ridge between Olympus and Shere.

The tracks are still being developed but he certainly deserves our support.

He will be open tomorrow (16th) and generally on Sundays. He would like to introduce game and make facilities for the whole family. It is also reasonably priced.

Here are some details

OneMac

Directions:

From Menlyn, travel east on Atterbury Road.

Cross over Hans Strydom Drive and continue to the four way stop at the intersection with Olympus Drive ( “Afgri City” and “Plant land”). Continue thru this 4 way Stop up the hill.

Turn left into “Ajax” Road. Take Ajax all the way to the T Junction with Achilles Way, and turn left again into Achilles. Plot 85 will be on your right hand side about 100m down the road.

Amenities:

At this stage the amenities include a clean toilet and running water.

Right of Admission reserved.

Access Times:

Sundays only! 7.00am to 4.30pm

Entrance fee:

Adults (16 years and older):

With bicycles or mounted on Horseback R10.00 per person

Without bicycles R5.00

Children (15 and younger)

With bicycles or mounted on Horseback R 5.00

Without bicycles Free.

Dogs: welcome (Bring a leash) Free.

Protective gear:

Regulation Helmets compulsory for all

Protective clothing: strongly recommended.

Sounds cool. Pity that it's Sundays only. We have a route that goes through that area, would be nice to add a bit of singletrack to the route.

Will definitely check it out at some stage.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally rode there today, lots of potential but not much going on yet.

Hopefully he can get it done.

Maybe we can give more input and go help with trail building for free entry ? ;)

Sounds cool.

Always nice to have different variations close byclap.gif.

Will definitely be willing to help with trail building if we can ride there for free tongue.gif.

There's only a few roads and a loop and I think one trail at the moment, not so well signposted so didnt ride it all.

He has 3 guys working on it but as you know, its a helluva job to get grass etc. out to makea trail.

Doesn't seem to be going the singletrack route though, which needs to be adressed IMO.

He won't make money from jeep track .

I suggested he make a 5-6km XC track, the space and terrain is perfect for it and there is a need for more tracks with the provincial circuit and it will be a way to make money by hosting races.

Also I suggested he make trails that trail runners can utilise. At the moment its the same tracks for walkers, dogs, runners, cyclists and horses. :blink:

I live around the corner and saw the park is now open everyday between 2pm - 5pm. Has anything changed since the last postings?

Would be keen to check it out - should be some good riding on that ridge.

I might be out at Phambili this weekend doing the XCO - otherwise i`ll go take a look.

• 1 month later...

No singletrack? :thumbdown:

How long is the loop currently?

Hedianga Farm is a cool spot with great potential that will only develop if supported by MTB's. Been there a couple of times, still limited trails available but they constantly busy improving current and laying out new trails. Even as it stands now, it provides a great sting to the plot route around Bronberg, and at R10 a pop it’s a worthwhile investment. Leon’s trail is a rough figure of eight route of 4.1km from start back to start – mostly single track. Very gnarly still, but guaranteed to keep your heart pumping. Plenty other single tracks around worth exploring that can be developed into some radical trails. The trails are still pretty much omni-directional, and shared with trail runners, hikers and horse riders. So take care and please be considerate to other users should they be encountered on the odd occasion. The suggestion to develop single direction pure MTB trails have been passed, and should be on the cards if Hedianga's serious about MTB development. Gabriel is a nice guy and the place has a hearty atmosphere - Let's support them and forward positive criticism. Hedianga can become a great addition to places like Groenkloof, etc. They also have Face Book page: "Hedianga Farm" where info are posted on a regular basis.

• 1 month later...

Would also like to know, currently ride in the mooikloof/atterburry/Delmas area every saterday and sonday... Do they still only open at 07:00? The sun is out at 05:30 already and at 07:00 I am already looping back home?