Fox float fluid & Fox green 10 wt

rwa.basson

dont

head to a local motor cycle shop:

BelRay fork oil comes in 10wt and is less than R100/l which is a LOT cheaper than fox which is several hundred/litre

and then a heavy castrol gear oil is a perfect replacement for the float fluid. The one I have is EPX 85w-140

I have used these for years with no problems and it works out significantly cheaper.

manitou, rockshox and fox

if it can deal with a motorcycle and it's the same weight viscosity I am sure it can deal with an MTB

The 10 weight is green and here is what the bottles look like

You wont have a problem using it on the Fox

post-6876-0-14508200-1308167011.jpg

post-6876-0-74885500-1308167025.jpg

Thanks for the pics crasher ... Much apreciated

Hmm 1 question thow isnt the foam ring suppose to be lubricated with the thicker Blue fow Float Fluid ?

or in this case the 85w-140 Gear oil ?

bell ray is the closest to the fox oil. Thw weight and centistokes differ quite a bid between brands...... Ones 15 is anothers 5. For the fox stuff try cwc.

Thanks for the pics crasher ... Much apreciated

Hmm 1 question thow isnt the foam ring suppose to be lubricated with the thicker Blue fow Float Fluid ?

or in this case the 85w-140 Gear oil ?

No they get lubed from the 10 weight in the fork legs

• 3 years later...

Hi guys

I made a big mistake when check my fork settings for this weekend. When releasing the pressure out the air chamber on my FOX float CTD the float fluid all sprayed out.

Guys with experience with this:

I know there is only 5ml in the fork so I just want to know if I will damage the fork by using it with less fluid. Is the fluid easy enough to replace if I can get some? Do I just release the pressure out the chamber, take the chamber cap off and top up the fluid?

Some advice here would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi guys

I made a big mistake when check my fork settings for this weekend. When releasing the pressure out the air chamber on my FOX float CTD the float fluid all sprayed out.

Guys with experience with this:

I know there is only 5ml in the fork so I just want to know if I will damage the fork by using it with less fluid. Is the fluid easy enough to replace if I can get some? Do I just release the pressure out the chamber, take the chamber cap off and top up the fluid?

Some advice here would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bump.

Any suspension gurus on the hub this morning?

No ways you would have let all the fluid out, just enough to make a mess. If you're feeling nervous about it bring the bike around and I can check it and top it up for you, otherwise just let all the air out, unscrew the topcap and have a look inside.

Just be careful when unscrewing the cap - the wrench flats deform really easily. Also make sure that the fork and work area are properly clean before you start.

If you need float fluid I've got 5cc packs coming out of my ears.

Hi guy's were can i find some fox 10 wt green fluid and fox float fuild ?

any idea's?

Hey there. I have a bottle of fox green 10wt - unopened. and a 3/4 full bottle of float fluid (like enough for 5 years of services :D). I dont use either anymore as i have a RS fork now. Think i paid around 400 for the green and really cant remember what i paid for the float fluid. You are welcome to have both in exchange for a case of beer. Drop me a PM. I'm in CT this weekend but i see you are Vredenburg - will be in Langebaan on Monday for work, so can arrange to meet up.