volcan xc 29

tunariaan

do any of you okes have this bike, how is the stiffness on the frame and whats it like overall

I'm quiete and hard racer over shorter distance and are seriously considering getting this bike

your input will be much appreciated

Thanks

Tread mag gave it a good review a while back.

Unsure of total bike price but I found the frame to be way overpriced at about 15k where other carbon frames like the Rapide is R6500-R7500 or 13k for a momsen with a fork.

Do a search on the hub it has been talked about.

Just keep in mind, "Reviews" in magazines are usually "paid for" in some or other way...

or 13k for a momsen with a fork.

I bought the MomsenSL929 its a super hot bike! The ride is excellent. Very good value for money.

Just keep in mind, "Reviews" in magazines are usually "paid for" in some or other way...

Oh yes? Please provide more details, seem to have an inside line here that those of us who contribute to the mag are ignorant of.

If a review were "paid for" in any way, it would then become advertorial and need to stated as such.

Edited by danger dassie

I had one for a few months and bottom line it's a class bike.Was very happy with it and compares and is even better in some points than ANY of the big brands out there.It has all the latest tech and more.Frame weighed 1180g on my scale,has tapered headtube,BB30 bb and internal cable routing all making it a very nice bike.I am riding a s-works 29er ht at the moment and if i had to close my eyes i wouldn't be able to tell the diffs between the 2 bikes.Go ahead and buy it,you wont be sorry.The agents are the guys who do Cervelo so the backup will be good and the guy there(Dave i think)was very helpfull when i was looking at getting one.

Mailed me the geometry as well as comparisons to the scott and cannondale 29er bikes.

Go for it.#Good luck.

SB

Oh yes? Please provide more details, seem to have an inside line here that those of us who contribute to the mag are ignorant of.

If a review were "paid for" in any way, it would then become advertorial and need to stated as such.

As they say, "ignorance is bliss".

"whose bread I eat, his song I sing ", or "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" all just comes to mind quickly.

But don't listen to me, continue down the path of darkness.

As they say, "ignorance is bliss".

"whose bread I eat, his song I sing ", or "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" all just comes to mind quickly.

But don't listen to me, continue down the path of darkness.

Interesting rhetoric, yet as you say "ignorance is bliss" ;)

tunariaan, if you are after a hardcore race machine those xc 29ers are def set as such. It is very rigid, one of the testers ended up buying herself one for racing, she's more than happy with it and finished in the top grouping of the Sani.

Make sure of your sizing though, hey are on the big side, so if for example you normally ride a large, then a medium would most likely fit you best.

Make sure about the spec and pricing though, this segment is pretty competitive so you could get a good deal out there.

Interesting rhetoric, yet as you say "ignorance is bliss" ;)

:clap:

'Tis folly to be wise… :D

If stiffness is what you're after, also have a look at the XTC.

Unsure of total bike price but I found the frame to be way overpriced at about 15k where other carbon frames like the Rapide is R6500-R7500 or 13k for a momsen with a fork.

Do a search on the hub it has been talked about.

With all due respect, a Volcan is supposed to be of Swiss racing pedigree, not a cloned Chinese mass produced (crap) frame in comparison. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a Rapide (may even get one myself if Wayne drops his price), but I have a carbon Volcan 26" and its a really good frame. It has the proper backing and comes from an exceptionally good racing heritage. How many Momsens have won the Epic??? :P

With all due respect, a Volcan is supposed to be of Swiss racing pedigree, not a cloned Chinese mass produced (crap) frame in comparison.

Do you have any proof of it's "Swiss racing pedigree" ?

With all due respect, a Volcan is supposed to be of Swiss racing pedigree, not a cloned Chinese mass produced (crap) frame in comparison. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a Rapide (may even get one myself if Wayne drops his price), but I have a carbon Volcan 26" and its a really good frame. It has the proper backing and comes from an exceptionally good racing heritage. How many Momsens have won the Epic??? :P

Well I wouldn't say any bike has won a single race, at the end of the day it still has to be pedaled ;)

I don't see the proof of a "swiss" frame there. Some "DT swiss" components, but so have many other bikes ...