Early morning rides in Sandton/Rosebank/Greenside

Schnavel

Hey all

Anyone ride around these areas in Joburg during the week at around 5 or so? I would be keen to get a 2 hour ride in before work over the next 2 weeks...

Anyone know anyone that rides close to these areas?

Hi Schnavel,

There is a group that rides Tuesday through Friday, leaving from the Total garage at the Thrupps Illovo Centre at 5am. Take a look at this link

There is also a ride in the AM's starting from the Engen Garage (across from the Baron) in Main Road. It's mostly guys from Club 100 and Cyclelab clubs. A few variations of the route normally between about 35 and 45kms. Tuesdays - Fridays at 5 am sharp. There is also a support vehicle from Cyclelab that more or less sweeps the route after. No memberships or anything is required to ride with these groups. Pace varies. Sortof caters for everyone except the really slow. A's B'c and maybe fast C's.

Also a Dunkeld group, but I don't have details. Ask Merlin at the shop if it suits you better.

What-you haven't heard about the Baron on Main yet!! :) Corner Willaim Nicole and Main. Go down Main (North) a couple of hundred meters and the garage is on your right.

What-you haven't heard about the Baron on Main yet!! :) Corner Willaim Nicole and Main. Go down Main (North) a couple of hundred meters and the garage is on your right.

Much easier directions then that.

Just follow the Cougar Trail.

Ha Ha I thought it was there, but just wanted to double check! Don't wanna get lost at 5 in the morning! :lol:

There is also a ride in the AM's starting from the Engen Garage (across from the Baron) in Main Road. It's mostly guys from Club 100 and Cyclelab clubs. A few variations of the route normally between about 35 and 45kms. Tuesdays - Fridays at 5 am sharp. There is also a support vehicle from Cyclelab that more or less sweeps the route after. No memberships or anything is required to ride with these groups. Pace varies. Sortof caters for everyone except the really slow. A's B'c and maybe fast C's.

Also known as the Engen Classic. Happens 4 days a week and the competition is serious.

Ha Ha I thought it was there, but just wanted to double check! Don't wanna get lost at 5 in the morning! :lol:

The guys normally leave at 4:45am.