Oak Valley? or Schapenburg?

Flame me like a Steers Begga but how is Oak these days and is it worth it for me to hit the trails tomorrow? or should I rather give the new Schapenburg trails a go?

Just recovered from bronchitis and tomorrow is the only day I've got before wife and kids come home from holiday and my normal non-trail riding life resumes?

Not looking at doing any black routes, just some nose picking scenic trail riding and a lot of moaning about how unfit I am

Flame me like a Steers Begga but how is Oak these days and is it worth it for me to hit the trails tomorrow? or should I rather give the new Schapenburg trails a go?

Just recovered from bronchitis and tomorrow is the only day I've got before wife and kids come home from holiday and my normal non-trail riding life resumes?

Not looking at doing any black routes, just some nose picking scenic trail riding and a lot of moaning about how unfit I am

Oak Valley is legendary, I would never miss an opportunity to ride there!

I'm tempted to side with Oak as I so seldom get a chance to go that way and with Schappies I can easily do it after work in Summa ... think it will just have to be Oak tomorrow.

Apparently there is another race somewhere so the trail should be quiet and less embarrassing when I pass out ;) or need to push my ride

If you after free flowing single track ... definitely Oak Valley... but you are going to miss the best of it if you are not doing the black route. You dont need to do the whole black route but most of the best single track is part of the black route.

Schapenberg has a bit of single track on the red route in the beginning but the best part is at the highest point of the black route, coming down from rock view, high up into the mountain! Worth the climb! Technical descent but awesome.

Oak Valley!

Edited by Tankman

i went toe schappenberg the other day, must be honest, to me i found it boring,,, so i will do the oak valley route!!! its gonna be wet so be aware!!

Oak Valley is rocking rocking rocking!!!

That place is tooooooooo much fun :) :) :)

Sorry I did not mention that I've done Oak before but that was 2 years ago and anything can happen during that time

PS: Anybody know if the cows are premenstrual this weekend? Just want to know if I should take the Camcorder with for some cowtube moments ;)

i went toe schappenberg the other day, must be honest, to me i found it boring,,, so i will do the oak valley route!!! its gonna be wet so be aware!!

What route did you do?

Sorry I did not mention that I've done Oak before but that was 2 years ago and anything can happen during that time

PS: Anybody know if the cows are premenstrual this weekend? Just want to know if I should take the Camcorder with for some cowtube moments ;)

Last time we were there the cows hormones must have been off the charts as they had some real issues with us trying to get past this one section of the dam. Was classic to see my mates (wussies) taking the very long way around them. They gave us some mock charges and lots of snorting.

In the end the routes at Oak Valley and what wet dreams are made of. drool.gif

Cool, just want to make sure that I hit something trailgasmic tomorrow, was also thinking of Koggelberg but I don't feel like scrambled eggs

Oak its is today. Just filling my camelbak, throwing the bike into the car and I off I go in a few minutes. Weather too amazing today to waste another minute inside.

I'm so glad I hit Oak yesterday, been nearly 2yrs and I just like the slight changes to the route where it needs to be done, but they keep the important parts untouched and off course, well maintained.

I ended up only doing the red route as I left my legs at home, but was 2h30 on the trail and so loved it. Was actually nice being alone on the trail and without a doubt I would hit Oak during the week if I need a break from the world.

Had 3 painful wipeouts and seriously think its time to toss those Crossmarks and get something better

• 4 weeks later...