Cannondale Super Six Evo: REVIEW

'Dale

I think this is an example of top class engineering. I wonder what it will cost, if it is being compared to the Cervelo R5ca and the Stork Fascenario?

@850g for a painted frame, it sounds like it will be 50-150g lighter than the current Super6, depending on paint scheme, which is very good. It wuld be great if it sell for the same price as the current Super6....

I think this is an example of top class engineering. I wonder what it will cost, if it is being compared to the Cervelo R5ca and the Stork Fascenario?

@850g for a painted frame, it sounds like it will be 50-150g lighter than the current Super6, depending on paint scheme, which is very good. It wuld be great if it sell for the same price as the current Super6....

Apparently - complete bike with SRAM Red, will start the range at the EUR4500 mark.

Rumour also has it that if they eventually offer frame only option it will be +-EUR3000

WOW!Its like half a Dogma...half the weight AND half the price(not quite but almost) :P

Retailing for 4500 euro means it will retail in sunny SA for about R70000 if not more

I beg to differ. Omnico pricing is very closr to international pricing....

I too wonder about the cost, Christie.

Excellent technology.

To think that the Liquigas paint job constitutes 20% of the frame's weight! :o

I beg to differ. Omnico pricing is very closr to international pricing....

I really like the cannondale flash carbon hardtail. The local pricing is rediculous compared to europe. Same goes for the road bikes. Compare the prices on evans cycles website in UK to local prices. Last time i checked i could bring in a cannondale super six hi mod with sram red and after all the duty it would still land cheaper

Apparently - complete bike with SRAM Red, will start the range at the EUR4500 mark.

Rumour also has it that if they eventually offer frame only option it will be +-EUR3000

I also read that initial sales will be complete bikes. Will have to wait and see if that applies to South Africa, too.

R30k for the frameset is probably par for the course at the top of the range, would compete well with Cervelo, Scott etc.

WOW!Its like half a Dogma...half the weight AND half the price(not quite but almost) :P

"Dogma" and "performance" don't go as well together as "Dogma" and "expensive"...

;)

No guesses what my next bike is going to be......

Mrs' OK - Check

Bank Manager OK - TBD

I was wondering when you would post that.They are stunning frames.

246903_10150198050259748_675649747_7085113_2895471_n.jpg