Pre race supplements

What do you guys use for pre race, running and cycling

anyone ever jack 3 d?

Available at discem but not suited for proffesional atletes

I dont think you should use it pre race bud! The active ingredient is a geranium oil extract (1,3 dimethyl....) and it has vasoconstrictive properties. This means less bloodflow to the active muscles. It will give you a "high" because its a stimulant. Rather use something that promotes nitric oxide levels because this actually leads to vaso dilation and that means more bloodflow to the active muscles.

a Product in this category which works nicely is power shock from a brand called VPX. The product contains essential amino acids in nitrate form so it helps with recovery big time. i use half a serving before race and the other half in one of my bottles during race

i have used it for my speedwork training in running and it works extremely well for that, have also used it for the shorter 30-40km races in xc works well for that aswell

havent used it on multi stages or longer distances

Thanks for the input -always nice to know what work for others and whats popular

I use Apex Thermolean tablets and Apex Endurox prerace. Works like a charm!! You never feel like your energy levels are spiking and then dipping. It keeps energy levels at a very nice level for the entire race because it increases fat metabolism, increases VO2 max because it allows more blood to go through the veins plus it lets helps your body produce endorphines which make you feel good and energetic the whole way!!

No website yet, unfortunately! Hopefully pretty soon! But I have all the info on the products with me so if you want a consultation on what products will suit you best as well as just basic info on the products, then just email me at maryke.verster87@gmail.com.

The only supplement is a mug of coffee, and either pronutro, or Maltabela porridge cooked on the stofie that goes into the boot together with the other cycling stuff.

Futurelife porridge with some soy milk and a bit of whey powder, plus water.

Or just a nice big peanut butter sarmie.

Normally it would be 50g pronutro and 500ml of USN Epic pro or similar. And right befroe the start of the race some enerjelly typ stuff.

But this coming Saturday, i will swop the pro-nutro...for something different.

Jack 3d is mostly aimed at a bodybuilding thing, know a couple of people who use it, tests positive for performance enhancing drugs...

• 9 months later...

Can also vouch for Endurox by APEX

We supply in the Rustenburg area if there are any intersted guys in the area. IM me.