PMB World Cup 2012 & WORLD CHAMPS 2013

nigelhicks

WOOHOO

We have official word from the UCI that Pietermaritzburg has been awarded the rights to host the first round of the 2012 World Cup. Events will include XC, DH, 4X and i think XC Eliminator.

THEN - the BIG NEWS :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WE ARE TO HOST THE 2013 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS in PMB! - This is the big boy of all races and its a MASSIVE honour to have been chosen to hold this event!

So GUYS and Girls put this in your diary NOW!

2012 - UCI World Cup XCO/DHI/4X Round 1 17-18.03.2012 PIETERMARITZBURG (RSA)

The official dates for the world champs have not been decided yet - but i can say that the event will most probably cover 2 weekends in August or September - the old format was to hold it over a week from like Tuesday to Sunday - but for 2012 the UCI are trying a new format to split the event over 2 weekends to encourage more spectator support at the events!

YEAH BABY! :clap: :clap:

Will CSA be involved in any way?

Give them a chance, they've just worked out what a World Cup is, someone there is trying to work out what a World Championship is, they've given him 6 months and a R100 000 budget.

Will CSA be involved in any way?

Dont worry about CSA dude ... the ONLY reason there were problems this year is that the "MAIN" sponsor that CSA tried to secure was not done and sealed in writing. They (CSA) then told the world cup organiser that he "didnt need to" and "wasnt allowed" to secure sponsorship for the World Cup as CSA was on it. Needless to say - that fell through.

These years will be different as the Organising committee will be incharge of this as i understand!

Now just the weather has to play along, unseasonal rain is a B*h

The weather at both the WCs so far has been great. There was rain in the lead-up to this year's event, but it was dry over the race weekend.

dont worry about the weather boys and girls ... i have that under control! ;) hahahaha

We HAVE TO (UCI says) base most of the XC track and a lot of the DH similar to the tracks in Fort William so that they are all weather resistant. This will sort out all the issues we had this year.

I am already in talks with aggregate suppliers for possible sponsorship. BUT if any of you know someone high up in NPC ... please let me know as i am probably going to try get them involved to supply sandstone crusher and rock for the courses.