Another cyclist down

covie

Jozi cyclist hit by truck

Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:

cyclist was killed when he was hit by a truck on Johannesburg's East Rand, paramedics said on Monday.

The man was cycling in the emergency lane on Zuurfontein Road when a truck struck him head-on, Netcare 911 spokesperson Jeffrey Wicks said.

He was thrown off his bike and the truck drove over him. Paramedics found him lying in the middle of the road. He went into cardiac arrest. They attempted CPR, but failed to resuscitate him.

Edited by covie

How does a truck hit you head-on in the emergency lane?

Unless you are on the wrong side of the road.

Condolences to family, RIP

How does a truck hit you head-on in the emergency lane?

Unless you are on the wrong side of the road.

Condolences to family, RIP

My thoughts exactly. And without being callous, the "worker/gardener type" cyclist came to mind, as it is common to see them cycling facing the oncoming traffic. STILL NOT NICE TO HEAR.

RIP cyclist, whoever you are.

I just saw another cyclist down. It was on hans stryjdom near the highway. It seemed to be a commuter ("worker/gardener type"). The body was still lying on the road covered with a black bag. Very sad to see...

Guys, please don't ride on the wrong side of the road. A saying from the motorbike world, different context, but true none the less, right side - suicide...

It's like when these drunk, speeding morons auger in, and everyone is so distraught. Sure, in some abstract way you feel bad, for the people they leave behind, but when it is clear that you were breaking the law in getting done, then surely there's a lesson?

Come on.

Edited by TNT1

RIP dude.

Today some "Roadies" were riding on the new bus lane around the back of Paarden Island. the driver had to lay on his hooter for them to move out the way. Not clever guys.

I was doing my Friday afternoon run fairly late at dusk near builders warehouse in Roodepoort. I was running against the traffic in a residential area where its very quite and this, dare I mention the word forgive me, "woman" driver almost runs me over. She was driving down the road reading a magazine ! Once she was past me she suddenly realized she was about to hit the curb at which point she suddenly veered off to the right. She did'nt see me at all. If I was a cyclist riding in the same direction as her she would have hit me.And that folks is how stupidity is killing us. :unsure: