Tyre for indoor trainer

singletrek

I have my road bike on an indoor trainer, but now the (still in very good condition) back tyre slips badly making the thing impossible to calibrate or for proper use.

There is a thin black line along the rolling surface of the tyre, indicating the slip area as well.

My question: is there is specific tyre for the indoor trainer that will prevent this? The problem is definately not in the tightness of the wheel against the trainer's roller.

Yes there is a Tacx and Conti indoor trainer tyre. The Tacx wheel is blue in colour and the Conti is yellow in colour.

Contract your LBS for pricing.

I bought blue Tacx tyre. I do not have experience with Conti but here are my findings:

• Runs cooler
  • Initially noisy but improves with use

I think it is worth buying but only if you have an extra wheel to mount it on:)

Edited by An3

I bought blue Tacx tyre. I do not have experience with Conti but here are my findings:

• Runs cooler
  • Initially noisy but improves with use

I think it is worth buying but only if you have an extra wheel to mount it on:)

Thanks, can you remember how much you paid for it?

more importantly, are you using a carbon frame on the indoor trainer?

... :lol: just kidding we dont want another 30page thread discussing the stress a carbon frame supposedly can or cannot handle!

Thanks, can you remember how much you paid for it?

Think it was about R380 / R400 at Tony Impey. (pse do not quote me - was a bit more than CWC but I've had to buy it THAT day or else the earth would have exploded)

Just use some insulation twice around the tire is good enough! Used it for three months now and now problem!

What pressure are you running at?

I found that high pressure works well. 7 BAR

Yip, I got it at 7 BAR as well. I think I will just buy the correct tyre. (Maybe some insulation tape will help until I get the tyre).