10 speed chain

Hector

Can I use a xt 10 speed chain on a SRAM cassette - I ride a specialized stump jumper 10 speed

Jip if it is and 10 speed cassette. Shimano and sram is fully compatible as far as I know

• 4 weeks later...

Sram chains are much stronger that Shimano. I even use a KMC chain on 10 speed Shimano that is very strong too. We have had a lot of Shimano chains snap the Ultegra chain more so.

Sram chains are much stronger that Shimano. I even use a KMC chain on 10 speed Shimano that is very strong too. We have had a lot of Shimano chains snap the Ultegra chain more so.

In 18 years on Shimano I've never broken a chain.

SRAM chains are great!!!! Ask Fabian - he'll tell you:

http://autobus.cycli...armacSL2_chain2

Shimano 1 - SRAM zero.

In 18 years on Shimano I've never broken a chain.

Shimano's fitting pin is it's downfall. 99% of broken Shimano chains I've seen have been caused by poor fitment of the pin.

If done correctly they are bomb proof - when in the hands of a fool they last about 13m.

I haven't ever broken a Shimano chain.